Thread: Sharing documents and briefcases on .92

Default Sharing documents and briefcases on .92

The ability to share resources like documents and briefcases online and offline with zimbra desktop is a critically important feature.

We are testing .92 on mac os x 10.5.6 connecting to our ASP zimbra provider (datasyncorp). All aspects of the desktop app is working like the online web version with the exception of creating shares from desktop and accepting shares that were created from a desktop version.

Shares created using the web version rather than the desktop work fine in the desktop app.

If we create a share using web version the share is accepted by desktop app and all works fine.

I think the issue is related to the share address that is created by the desktop app. it is in the form localhost:7633/home etc. rather than using the zimbra server url. I have attached a picture. Has anyone been able to get sharing to work from the desktop app using a zimbra server?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Creating and accepting sharing on ZD is supported in 0.92 beta.

Can you elaborate what you mean by "... with the exception of creating shares from desktop and accepting shares that were created from a desktop version.". Please clarify the steps that did not work.

The URL being "localhost" is unrelated. And that's fixed in the coming release.

another question: what's the version of your zimbra server?

Here is the message that the person receiving the share gets when they accept the share:

msg: invalid request: invalid long value '83809a33-9c09-466f-
    b55a-80b78c2aafb3:1073741903' for attribute: rid
    code: service.INVALID_REQUEST
    method: CreateMountpointRequest
    detail: soap:Sender
    trace: btpool0-21741:1233005099312:faca33d190674165

The server version is 5.0.11

It's this bug Bug 33735 – offline : ZD > ZCS shares not working

So once your server is on 5.0.12, accepting on ZWC (web client) should work.

Sounds similar to what's discussed in this thread: http://www.zimbra.com/forums/error-r...es-0-92-a.html

I gather it's fixed as Bug 33735 – offline : ZD > ZCS shares not working, but only once 5.0.12 server becomes available. I saw in another thread that this should come out in a week or so, and then we'll see.

Edit: crossposted

To add to my previous post, as noted in the thread I linked, the problem didn't go away for me until I installed 0.92 (build 1433). So I'd suggest making sure you're using that build and not an earlier one, even if you've moved your server to 5.0.12.

I am using build 1433 with server 5.0.12. unfortunately our zimbra asp does not plan to upgrade to .12 until march.

Does anyone have examples of desktop 1433 working with 5.0.12?

Can anyone suggest a zimbra asp where all this works?

thanks,
    greg

Until you have access to 5.0.12, you can always create sharing with web client.

Quote Originally Posted by gphilpott View Post
    I am using build 1433 with server 5.0.12. unfortunately our zimbra asp does not plan to upgrade to .12 until march.

Does anyone have examples of desktop 1433 working with 5.0.12?

Can anyone suggest a zimbra asp where all this works?

thanks,
    greg