Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Zimbra crash/ Re-install doesn't work

Default Zimbra crash/ Re-install doesn't work

Hi,

Zimbra Desktop : Build 1433

One of my IMAP accounts did not sync up today. Though i was able to connect to it through other clients. Hence, I manually restarted the service. But after that zimbra failed to start up. An excerpt of the log has been attached.

Then I got the latest release 1482 and installed it. The installer un-installed the previous versions. Here again, it stopped saying "Failed to inject Zimlets" and "Some of the features may be missing". After this Zimbra Desktop is not coming up at all.

Could someone please suggest any workaround?

Re,
    Sam
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by sammi101082; 02-23-2009 at 10:28 PM. Reason: adding full log file as zip attachment

the excerpt provided is not near sufficient to establish what's wrong. could you provide the latest log after installing 1482?

Default Additional info

Additional info on this problem:

I manually un-installed ZDesktop and then tried 2 things:
    1> Installed in the same location as before[which had my data stored]. Here again it failed with the same error "Failed to inject Zimlets" and "Some of the features may be missing". This happened when I tried install with both 1482 and 1433. After this, ZDesktop doesn't start at all.
    2> Installed in different location. ZDesktop Install went through fine. But my data was missing. It looked like a fresh install and asked me to setup accounts. Could anyone please tell me how to import my data? If this is solved, I'm still ok to work.

Re,
    Sam

Hello Jjzhuang,

Could you please tell me where to find the install logs? Inside the "log" folder, I find these:
    1> zdesktop.log
    2> derby.log
    3> host of older archived logs of zdesktop.log
    4> some very old archived mailbox.log s

Which is the one I should be looking at?

Re,
    Sam

you can delete the old logs. in the next version we'll auto delete old logs.

install log is at <install>/.install4j/installation.log

Quote Originally Posted by jjzhuang View Post
    you can delete the old logs. in the next version we'll auto delete old logs.

install log is at <install>/.install4j/installation.log
    Thanks will do that. Have attached the installation log with this post, and have updated my original post with the full log when the problem occurred.

Re,
    Sam

Default Unable to import data

As I was facing the above stated problems, I decided to atleast go for the fresh install and import all new data. So I installed it in a new location on the same machine. Install was successful and ZDesktop started up fine. Then I decided to import my new data by following the steps listed in http://www.zimbra.com/forums/general...nother-pc.html

After this, ZDesktop is again not coming up. Could someone please help me in this? I would really hate to move to another client after sticking on for 6+ months here as the migration would involve some effort as well.

Re,
    Sam
    Last edited by sammi101082; 02-24-2009 at 07:55 PM. Reason: Attaching the log file

can you attach the zdesktop.log that's created after you have moved over the 3 user data folders (derby, store, index) and restarted zd?

Default Attached the log, Listing symptoms

Hello jmhe,

I have updated my previous post with the requested log file. Any pointers on that?

For clarity, let me list out the symptoms again:
    1> 1433 build : Manual restart of ZDesktop service. ZDesktop doesn't come up after that.
    2> Install 1482 build: Same location -> throws error "Failed to inject Zimlets" and "Some of the features ... "
    3> Install 1482 build: Different location -> Works fine and ZDesktop comes up fine. Try to import data by manually copying the 3 dirs [ derby, index, store] into the new installed location. Now ZDesktop doesn't come up.

Looking at the symptoms, a layman's guess is that it has something to do with the saved data. Has the Derby datastore got corrupted?

Re,
    Sam

it looks like derby store is having issues. when you upgrade from 1433 to 1482, did the install go through all the way until you see "fail to inject zimlets"? were there any other issues?