Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Failure communicating with remote server. Please try again later.

Default version 2 not syncing

OK, it's been well over 24 hours since I installed 2 after totally wiping my system of 1. It won't sync. I get "Failure communicating with remote server. Please try again later." Now, it did sync my inbox yesterday right after installation. I closed the core service down this evening and restarted it and then it synced one other folder. Now the error. So ... what, is it going to sync folder a day? if that's the case it's going to take forever. I have not checked boxes to sync anything other than mail and it is debugging. I think the moderators need to come back to this forum and explain what causes this and what we need to do to fix it.

Here is the debugging:

Debug message: Connection is closed

Exception:

com.zimbra.common.service.ServiceException: system failure: Synchronization of folder '/temp' failed
    ExceptionId:sync-mbox-mikepheiffer@yahoo.com:1268113971906:0343854038a47 cfa
    Code:service.FAILURE
    at com.zimbra.common.service.ServiceException.FAILURE (ServiceException.java:248)
    at com.zimbra.cs.datasource.ImapSync.syncFailed(ImapS ync.java:345)
    at com.zimbra.cs.datasource.ImapSync.syncMessages(Ima pSync.java:307)
    at com.zimbra.cs.datasource.ImapSync.syncFolders(Imap Sync.java:239)
    at com.zimbra.cs.datasource.ImapSync.importData(ImapS ync.java:154)
    at com.zimbra.cs.offline.OfflineImport.importData(Off lineImport.java:102)
    at com.zimbra.cs.offline.YMailImport.importData(YMail Import.java:53)
    at com.zimbra.cs.datasource.DataSourceManager.importD ata(DataSourceManager.java:253)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.DataSourceMailbox.importData (DataSourceMailbox.java:470)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.DataSourceMailbox.syncAllLoc alDataSources(DataSourceMailbox.java:434)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.DataSourceMailbox.sync(DataS ourceMailbox.java:486)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.DataSourceMailbox.syncOnTime r(DataSourceMailbox.java:400)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.SyncMailbox$1.run(SyncMailbo x.java:254)
    at java.util.TimerThread.mainLoop(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.TimerThread.run(Unknown Source)
    Caused by: java.io.IOException: Connection is closed
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailclient.imap.ImapConnection.sendR equest(ImapConnection.java:483)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailclient.imap.ImapRequest.send(Ima pRequest.java:96)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailclient.imap.ImapRequest.sendChec kStatus(ImapRequest.java:112)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailclient.imap.ImapConnection.doSel ectOrExamine(ImapConnection.java:206)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailclient.imap.ImapConnection.selec t(ImapConnection.java:193)
    at com.zimbra.cs.datasource.RemoteFolder.select(Remot eFolder.java:221)
    at com.zimbra.cs.datasource.ImapFolderSync.checkUidVa lidity(ImapFolderSync.java:579)
    at com.zimbra.cs.datasource.ImapFolderSync.syncMessag es(ImapFolderSync.java:197)
    at com.zimbra.cs.datasource.ImapSync.syncMessages(Ima pSync.java:304)
    Last edited by drdrem; 03-08-2010 at 11:41 PM.

Same here.

I'm using 2 gmail apps accounts with ZDesktop 2 beta 1.
    The first account has no issues but the second account is always in an error state:

Code:
    Failure communicating with remote server. Please try again later.

Debug message: Unexpected tag in response(expected C187 but got C186)

Exception:

com.zimbra.common.service.ServiceException: system failure: Synchronization of folder '/folder1' failed
    ExceptionId:sync-mbox-<email-address>:1268125819538:01c8c4a855df31c0
    	at com.zimbra.common.service.ServiceException.FAILURE(ServiceException.java:248)
    	at com.zimbra.cs.datasource.ImapSync.syncFailed(ImapSync.java:345)
    	at com.zimbra.cs.datasource.ImapSync.syncMessages(ImapSync.java:307)
    	at com.zimbra.cs.datasource.ImapSync.syncFolders(ImapSync.java:239)
    	at com.zimbra.cs.datasource.ImapSync.importData(ImapSync.java:154)
    	at com.zimbra.cs.offline.OfflineImport.importData(OfflineImport.java:102)
    	at com.zimbra.cs.offline.GMailImport.importData(GMailImport.java:53)
    	at com.zimbra.cs.datasource.DataSourceManager.importData(DataSourceManager.java:253)
    	at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.DataSourceMailbox.importData(DataSourceMailbox.java:470)
    	at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.DataSourceMailbox.syncAllLocalDataSources(DataSourceMailbox.java:434)
    	at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.DataSourceMailbox.sync(DataSourceMailbox.java:486)
    	at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.DataSourceMailbox.syncOnTimer(DataSourceMailbox.java:400)
    	at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.SyncMailbox$1.run(SyncMailbox.java:254)
    Caused by: com.zimbra.common.service.ServiceException: system failure: Error while fetching message for UID 41
    ExceptionId:sync-mbox-<email-address>:1268125819538:01c8c4a855df31c0
    	at com.zimbra.common.service.ServiceException.FAILURE(ServiceException.java:248)
    	at com.zimbra.cs.datasource.ImapFolderSync.checkCanContinue(ImapFolderSync.java:1144)
    	at com.zimbra.cs.datasource.ImapFolderSync.fetchMessages(ImapFolderSync.java:802)
    	at com.zimbra.cs.datasource.ImapFolderSync.fetchMessages(ImapFolderSync.java:720)
    	at com.zimbra.cs.datasource.ImapFolderSync.syncMessages(ImapFolderSync.java:239)
    	at com.zimbra.cs.datasource.ImapSync.syncMessages(ImapSync.java:304)
    	... 12 more
    Caused by: com.zimbra.cs.mailclient.MailException: Unexpected tag in response(expected C187 but got C186)
    	at com.zimbra.cs.mailclient.imap.ImapRequest.checkStatus(ImapRequest.java:122)
    	at com.zimbra.cs.mailclient.imap.ImapRequest.sendCheckStatus(ImapRequest.java:113)
    	at com.zimbra.cs.mailclient.imap.ImapConnection.uidFetch(ImapConnection.java:324)
    	at com.zimbra.cs.mailclient.imap.ImapConnection.uidFetch(ImapConnection.java:370)
    	at com.zimbra.cs.mailclient.imap.ImapConnection.uidFetch(ImapConnection.java:387)
    	at com.zimbra.cs.datasource.ImapFolderSync.fetchMessages(ImapFolderSync.java:798)
    	... 15 more

If issue persists please post description and debug information here.

i am using the same 1 but my gmail accounts r fine, its d yahoo one that gives me the error report 4rm time to time, i just edit and re-lauch desktop and its fine.

I am having the same error occur

that works for me too; temporarily. eventually the error comes back and I have to again edit, validate, launch. ZD seems to be able to connected to yahoo's server intermittently, downloads one of my folders, then conks out and starts the whole error state again. It's now been 4 days since I've installed and i've yet to be able to download all my mails.

I see that no one is yet paying attention to this thread yet. I have reset my data many times now and still get the same error regarding not being able to connect. ZD will sync my inbox but won't sync any other folder and instead gives me the same error. I am wondering in the end of this is a Yahoo Mail problem and that it's refusing to talk with Zimbra when I try to sync. I guess that's the communication route I'll go next.
    com.zimbra.common.service.ServiceException: system failure: Synchronization of folder '/Sent' failed
    ExceptionId:sync-mbox-dr_drem@yahoo.com:1268586140891:4f0a669028559c6c
    at com.zimbra.common.service.ServiceException.FAILURE (ServiceException.java:248)
    at com.zimbra.cs.datasource.ImapSync.syncFailed(ImapS ync.java:345)
    at com.zimbra.cs.datasource.ImapSync.syncMessages(Ima pSync.java:307)
    at com.zimbra.cs.datasource.ImapSync.syncFolders(Imap Sync.java:239)
    at com.zimbra.cs.datasource.ImapSync.importData(ImapS ync.java:154)
    at com.zimbra.cs.offline.OfflineImport.importData(Off lineImport.java:102)
    at com.zimbra.cs.datasource.DataSourceManager.importD ata(DataSourceManager.java:253)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.DataSourceMailbox.importData (DataSourceMailbox.java:470)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.DataSourceMailbox.syncAllLoc alDataSources(DataSourceMailbox.java:434)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.DataSourceMailbox.sync(DataS ourceMailbox.java:486)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.DataSourceMailbox.syncOnTime r(DataSourceMailbox.java:400)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.SyncMailbox$1.run(SyncMailbo x.java:254)
    Caused by: java.io.IOException: Connection is closed
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailclient.imap.ImapConnection.sendR equest(ImapConnection.java:483)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailclient.imap.ImapRequest.send(Ima pRequest.java:96)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailclient.imap.ImapRequest.sendChec kStatus(ImapRequest.java:112)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailclient.imap.ImapConnection.doSel ectOrExamine(ImapConnection.java:206)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailclient.imap.ImapConnection.selec t(ImapConnection.java:193)
    at com.zimbra.cs.datasource.RemoteFolder.select(Remot eFolder.java:221)
    at com.zimbra.cs.datasource.ImapFolderSync.checkUidVa lidity(ImapFolderSync.java:579)
    at com.zimbra.cs.datasource.ImapFolderSync.syncMessag es(ImapFolderSync.java:197)
    at com.zimbra.cs.datasource.ImapSync.syncMessages(Ima pSync.java:304)
    ... 12 more
    Last edited by drdrem; 03-14-2010 at 11:06 AM.

Default same failure but not on yahoo

Hi, I am getting the same error, except not on a yahoo email account, on a private domain on Web Hosting: Website Hosting Solutions - Aplus.net. However, it may be linked to yahoo in some form. I created a test email account on my domain, it worked perfectly as pop3, however, it was deleting my email on the server, so I changed it to IMAP so it would stop doing that. I had to as I was getting that UIDL non support error.

Then I added a yahoo email basic email account which works perfectly, however my private domain account is getting this error. Annoying as it seems to be working fine, that is I can receive and send email but I get this error. At times it keeps that star symbol there for an extremely long time indicating it is still trying to sync.

I am new to Zimbra, so it is with the latest version only, I have not tried this before. I hope this gets resolved quickly as this seems like a great package. I really wanted to get away from outlook.

Thanks,

I've tried everything I can think of; I've even deleted the Yahoo account and added it back using the IMAP account option for set up rather than choosing the type of account as Yahoo. Zimbra syncs my inbox great, but will not move beyond that. Anyone know why? I just keep getting various errors. I re-validate and try again with the same result. I should just go back to version 1.

OK folks. I waited a couple of months to try again to make ZD to work. In the mean time I installed a new firewall program called Comodo Firewall. It's free and it's got a 64 bit version. I chose the firewall for these two reasons since I would rather not pay for something like that and I have a 64 bit processor and version of windows. Well ... now ZD syncs perfectly with my Yahoo Mail. Whew. So, although I tinkered many times with the Windows Firewall, I have to wonder now if the Windows Firewall was the problem all along.

Default Same issue...please support

Similar issue here, MAC OS 10.4.11 user. See message below. Really need this resolved...

ailure communicating with remote server. Please try again later.

Debug message: The statement was aborted because it would have caused a duplicate key value in a unique or primary key constraint or unique index identified by 'SQL100328003348250' defined on 'IMAP_FOLDER'.

Exception:

com.zimbra.common.service.ServiceException: system failure: Synchronization of folder 'Virgin America' failed
    ExceptionId:mid=5:1278346199747:346cbeff01cccfdf
    at com.zimbra.common.service.ServiceException.FAILURE (ServiceException.java:253)
    at com.zimbra.cs.datasource.ImapSync.syncFailed(ImapS ync.java:298)
    at com.zimbra.cs.datasource.ImapSync.syncRemoteFolder s(ImapSync.java:221)
    at com.zimbra.cs.datasource.ImapSync.syncFolders(Imap Sync.java:193)
    at com.zimbra.cs.datasource.ImapSync.importData(ImapS ync.java:152)
    at com.zimbra.cs.offline.OfflineImport.importData(Off lineImport.java:88)
    at com.zimbra.cs.datasource.DataSourceManager.importD ata(DataSourceManager.java:157)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.LocalMailbox.importData(Loca lMailbox.java:417)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.LocalMailbox.syncAllLocalDat aSources(LocalMailbox.java:389)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.LocalMailbox.sync(LocalMailb ox.java:431)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.LocalMailbox.syncOnTimer(Loc alMailbox.java:361)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.DesktopMailbox$1.run(Desktop Mailbox.java:437)
    at java.util.TimerThread.mainLoop(Timer.java:512)
    at java.util.TimerThread.run(Timer.java:462)
    Caused by: com.zimbra.common.service.ServiceException: system failure: Unable to store IMAP message data
    ExceptionId:mid=5:1278346199742:346cbeff01cccfdf
    at com.zimbra.common.service.ServiceException.FAILURE (ServiceException.java:253)
    at com.zimbra.cs.db.DbImapFolder.createImapFolder(DbI mapFolder.java:111)
    at com.zimbra.cs.account.DataSource.createImapFolder( DataSource.java:320)
    at com.zimbra.cs.datasource.ImapSync.createFolderTrac ker(ImapSync.java:85)
    at com.zimbra.cs.datasource.ImapFolderSync.createLoca lFolder(ImapFolderSync.java:521)
    at com.zimbra.cs.datasource.ImapFolderSync.syncFolder (ImapFolderSync.java:125)
    at com.zimbra.cs.datasource.ImapSync.syncRemoteFolder s(ImapSync.java:216)
    ... 12 more
    Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: The statement was aborted because it would have caused a duplicate key value in a unique or primary key constraint or unique index identified by 'SQL100328003348250' defined on 'IMAP_FOLDER'.
    at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.SQLExceptionFactory.get SQLException(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.Util.generateCsSQLExcep tion(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.TransactionResourceImpl .wrapInSQLException(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.TransactionResourceImpl .handleException(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedConnection.handleE xception(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.ConnectionChild.handleE xception(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedStatement.executeS tatement(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedPreparedStatement. executeStatement(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedPreparedStatement. executeUpdate(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.commons.dbcp.DelegatingPreparedStatemen t.executeUpdate(DelegatingPreparedStatement.java:2 33)
    at com.zimbra.cs.db.DbImapFolder.createImapFolder(DbI mapFolder.java:106)
    ... 17 more
    Caused by: ERROR 23505: The statement was aborted because it would have caused a duplicate key value in a unique or primary key constraint or unique index identified by 'SQL100328003348250' defined on 'IMAP_FOLDER'.
    at org.apache.derby.iapi.error.StandardException.newE xception(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.derby.impl.sql.execute.IndexChanger.ins ertAndCheckDups(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.derby.impl.sql.execute.IndexChanger.doI nsert(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.derby.impl.sql.execute.IndexChanger.ins ert(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.derby.impl.sql.execute.IndexSetChanger. insert(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.derby.impl.sql.execute.RowChangerImpl.i nsertRow(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.derby.impl.sql.execute.InsertResultSet. normalInsertCore(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.derby.impl.sql.execute.InsertResultSet. open(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.derby.impl.sql.GenericPreparedStatement .execute(Unknown Source)
    ... 22 more

If issue persists please post description and debug information here.