Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DELETE failed: Unknown folder

Default DELETE failed: Unknown folder

Starting last night, when I was away from the computer, zimbra desktop has been generating an error message like the following every few minutes. There are 251 such messages now, and a new one arrives regularly. I think the msgs are identical. The account is a gmail account (google apps). There are a good many folders but synching seemed to be working pretty well. I did not delete the 'other' folder on either side, but may have deleted some child folder...tho like I said I'd been away from the pc for a while when this started.

Product name: Zimbra Desktop
    Product version: 1.0
    Build ID: 1482
    Release type: RC1
    OS Platform: Windows XP x86 5.1
    Time of event: 2009-02-25 20:54:43
    Error type: DELETE failed: Unknown folder. (Failure)
    Item ID: 3014
    Error summary: Synchronization of folder 'other' disabled due to error: Unable to delete remote folder

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Affected data - PLEASE REMOVE ANY SENSITIVE INFORMATION (size=32):

Failed request: C05 DELETE other

Failure details - PLEASE REMOVE ANY SENSITIVE INFORMATION

com.zimbra.cs.mailclient.CommandFailedException: DELETE failed: Unknown folder. (Failure)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailclient.imap.ImapRequest.failed(I mapRequest.java:185)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailclient.imap.ImapRequest.failed(I mapRequest.java:181)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailclient.imap.ImapRequest.checkSta tus(ImapRequest.java:95)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailclient.imap.ImapRequest.sendChec kStatus(ImapRequest.java:81)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailclient.imap.ImapConnection.delet e(ImapConnection.java:204)
    at com.zimbra.cs.datasource.RemoteFolder.delete(Remot eFolder.java:69)
    at com.zimbra.cs.datasource.ImapFolderSync.deleteRemo teFolder(ImapFolderSync.java:461)
    at com.zimbra.cs.datasource.ImapFolderSync.checkTrack edFolder(ImapFolderSync.java:446)
    at com.zimbra.cs.datasource.ImapFolderSync.syncFolder (ImapFolderSync.java:126)
    at com.zimbra.cs.datasource.ImapSync.syncRemoteFolder s(ImapSync.java:195)
    at com.zimbra.cs.datasource.ImapSync.syncFolders(Imap Sync.java:172)
    at com.zimbra.cs.datasource.ImapSync.importData(ImapS ync.java:131)
    at com.zimbra.cs.OfflineImapImport.importData(Offline ImapImport.java:48)
    at com.zimbra.cs.offline.GMailImport.importData(GMail Import.java:53)
    at com.zimbra.cs.datasource.DataSourceManager.importD ata(DataSourceManager.java:154)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.LocalMailbox.importData(Loca lMailbox.java:417)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.LocalMailbox.syncAllLocalDat aSources(LocalMailbox.java:389)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.LocalMailbox.sync(LocalMailb ox.java:431)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.LocalMailbox.syncOnTimer(Loc alMailbox.java:361)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.DesktopMailbox$1.run(Desktop Mailbox.java:436)
    at java.util.TimerThread.mainLoop(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.TimerThread.run(Unknown Source)

Got 500 of these error messages so far; help!

just opened a bug on this: Bug 35734 – IMAP: failed delection leads to hundreds of error reports

we are looking into it.

Good...thanks. Let me know if you need more info on this.

What do I do about this? There are a trillion accumulated errors now. I have another zd desktop installation that does not have this error.

There must be something I can do on my end to get rid of the error messaging?

Is the sync on this "other" folder turned off? Do you see a green dot next to it?

There is an 'other' folder - it does not have a green dot. It should not be deleted; it is the parent of many other folders which do have green dots. I think the green dots only appear for folders that have direct contect (emails) and the 'other' folder has no emails in it, only folders.

the green dot merely means whether this folder has sync turned on or not. it has nothing to do with content of a folder.

could you first provide the debug trace? follow these steps: Yahoo! Zimbra Desktop FAQ - Zimbra :: Wiki

attach generate trace to the bug.

I looked at the log and may have figured this out.

I believe that when I first set up zimbra desktop, there was an 'other' folder in it which I deleted. I may have created that 'other' folder manually, I can't recall. Gmail didn't have an 'other' label per se; but did have many labels like 'other/mystuff'. Outlook (which provided the original label list for gmail, from the outlook folders) did have an 'other' folder, which hosted many other folders.

I may have fixed the issue by manually creating an 'other' folder in gmail. The next synch with zimbra seems to have removed the label in gmail.

It's kind of odd, because in zimbra, there is an 'other' folder which hosts other folders (but no messages) just like there was in outlook. But there is no corresponding plain 'other' folder in gmail.

Maybe this info can help you guys further refine how zimbra synchs?

Thanks, this should be enough information to reproduce the problem. I will it out myself and let you know.

- David