Thread: Google Apps calendar sync not working tries to sync with gmail.com instead

Default Google Apps calendar sync not working tries to sync with gmail.com instead

Hi

I would like to use Zimbra Desktop with Google Apps.

I experienced errors similar http://www.zimbra.com/forums/error-r...-calendar.html and tried to fix by entering setup and reconfigure the connection..

But I get an error and in zdesktop.log I see:

2009-03-05 15:57:43,127 DEBUG [btpool0-5] [ds=***@company.com;] offline - testing offline caldav access: username=***@gmail.com service=gmail.com
    2009-03-05 15:57:43,127 DEBUG [btpool0-5] [ds=***@company.com;] offline - offline caldav login test: url=https://www.google.com path=/calendar/dav/@USERNAME@/user
    2009-03-05 15:57:43,128 DEBUG [btpool0-5] [ds=***@company.com;] dav - WebDAV request (depth=zero): /calendar/dav/***@gmail.com/user
    2009-03-05 15:57:43,872 DEBUG [btpool0-5] [ds=***@company.com;] offline - caldav login failed: service=gmail.com; status=401

Apparently Zimbra Desktop changes between the correct ***@company.com and incorrect ***@gmail.com...

We are testing it out, will file a bug once determined to be a bug. Thanks.

Default Same issue -- google apps calendar sync does not work

I would like to echo this same issue. We use Google Apps, so our email addresses end in a custom domain instead of @gmail.com. Something internal inside Zimbra desktop client seems to replace the custom domain with @gmail.com. I see no place in config or otherwise to override this behavior.

Have you tried the latest build 1537 yet? It works just fine for us on GoogleApp accounts.

I have build 1537 and my google apps calendar and my zimbra desktop calendars will not synch. I click on Calender synchronize all calendars and it give me "Unable to access calendar service. You will not be able to sync your calendar"

you are likely running into this bug: Bug 35135 – google apps calendar

Quote Originally Posted by whileworth View Post
    I have build 1537 and my google apps calendar and my zimbra desktop calendars will not synch. I click on Calender synchronize all calendars and it give me "Unable to access calendar service. You will not be able to sync your calendar"

I see. I think I'll wait for the May bug fix. Not sure, if I delete the account, does all the data get tossed from the local store?

Yes, but you can sync them back from gmail server.

Anyway, before deleting and recreating the account, you should back up your messages using the export function (Options->Import/Export...)

Quote Originally Posted by whileworth View Post
    I see. I think I'll wait for the May bug fix. Not sure, if I delete the account, does all the data get tossed from the local store?

I think I'll wait for the fix...calendaring is minor for me and I have a lot of emails that I'd need to resynch.

jmhe, thanks for your support. Zimbra Desktop is a really great application and has had a very positive impact on my online routines.