Thread: Zimbra can't sync with All New Yahoo Calendar

Hybrid View

Default Zimbra can't sync with All New Yahoo Calendar

I've switched to the all new Y! Calendar (Canada) but Zimbra Desktop tells me it can't sync with my Yahoo account, because I haven't switched to the all new Yahoo Calendar. There seems to be some confusion maybe between Yahoo and Yahoo Canada. My email address is at yahoo.com. Yet any new Yahoo services kick me automatically to Yahoo Canada, because my home profile is in Canada.
    So I really don't know what to do to sync my Yahoo all new calendar (Canada) with my Zimbra desktop! The email syncs OK, only the calendar has this error.

the new Yahoo Calendar service is still in beta and it's probably not available for Canadian accounts yet...

Quote Originally Posted by IN-TO View Post
    I've switched to the all new Y! Calendar (Canada) but Zimbra Desktop tells me it can't sync with my Yahoo account, because I haven't switched to the all new Yahoo Calendar. There seems to be some confusion maybe between Yahoo and Yahoo Canada. My email address is at yahoo.com. Yet any new Yahoo services kick me automatically to Yahoo Canada, because my home profile is in Canada.
    So I really don't know what to do to sync my Yahoo all new calendar (Canada) with my Zimbra desktop! The email syncs OK, only the calendar has this error.

Quote Originally Posted by jmhe View Post
    the new Yahoo Calendar service is still in beta and it's probably not available for Canadian accounts yet...
    Yes, most likely, that's what I'm thinking too...thanks!

Default Will not sync with BT Yahoo account

I have the same issue it says I should upgrade my calendar (which I have) but the sync still fails
    Any ideas?

I think the new yahoo calendar service is only available to US users. It's not yet available for other regions and hosted (e.g. BT) services.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob K View Post
    I have the same issue it says I should upgrade my calendar (which I have) but the sync still fails
    Any ideas?

Default Zimbra has stopped syncing with Yahoo Calendar

Hi there,
    I have been using the Yahoo Calendar Beta for the last few months on yahoo.co.uk and to date it has been syncing fine with Zimbra Desktop, however in the last week it appears to have stopped.

On the setup page it tells me "Your Yahoo! account doesn't support calendar. Please either upgrade to add the support or turn off calendar sync option." but I haven't changed anything on my Yahoo account...

Thanks
    Robert

Angry Not just a non US problem

I'm running Zimbra Desktop 1.0 on my OpenSuse 11.1 Box. I've been using the New (beta) Yahoo! Calendar for quite some time now, and I still get the error message "In order to use calendar sync, you must upgrade your Yahoo! Calendar Classic to the All-New Yahoo! Calendar." I'm in the USA, so its not a UK or Canada problem alone.

I also notice that Desktop seems to add a couple characters (dots) to my login Password for Yahoo!. Don't know if the issues are related.

Would love some suggestions of how to fix this!

Peace!

Question

Hi,

just before the weekend YZD startet to show some weird behavior concerning this topic.

1) I have had the error regarding the switch to the new calendar before on my yahoo.com account. Sync was deactivated as a result

2) Testing the sync option yesterday resulted in a normal sync of my calendar. First time after a month!

3) At the same time I get the message that my address book cannot be synced because of an invalid field

4) Today neither calendar nor address book are able to sync anymore.

Do I need to update YZD ? Do I need a patch or is this a server side issue?

alpha

I'm happy to report that now the New Yahoo Calendar syncs with Zimbra Desktop. I haven't done (changed) any settings, just let it sit there for a while, and it works now, so I guess Yahoo Calendar must have been the culprit. I then upgraded Zimbra Desktop to the latest version, and it still syncs OK. So far, I'm happy. Thanks to all who replied to this thread.

Well, I'm happy you got it working again. So far no sync for me. The address book sync doesn't work either and YZD seems to swamp the support address with failure reports due to the invalid field issue.

How long does it take for changes from a bug that is marked as "solved" to reach the production system ? Sure enough there was a weekend in between, but the issues with Yahoo seem somewhat unreliable in appearing and disappearing. I am sorry to say that after two weeks I have had not a day with all three areas (mail, calendar, addresses) working in harmony. I am glad that I got a chance to back up my entire Yahoo Mail for once, but if that feature drops too, YZD is - and that is a shame - incapacitated.
    Last edited by alphaelectric; 07-27-2009 at 02:19 AM.