Thread: Zimbra Desktop UI partly freezes after sleep

Default Zimbra Desktop UI partly freezes after sleep

I've looked around in the forums but didn't see anything about this, so I hope someone can help.

I leave Zimbra open all the time, put the computer to sleep and when I reawaken it YZD is only partly responsive. It will not sync with my Yahoo account, even if I force a sync (I can press the "button" but nothing will happen). If I click on an email, it won't load (the last email I was looking at before sleep will remain in the pane). I can't click on any other folder. I can click the tabs to get to my address book, calendar, preferences, etc., but if I try to make a change -- say, add a new address or set a new preference -- it won't work. I can get to, for example, the screen to add a new contact but when I click save nothing happens. If I click on a different tab, a pop-up window asks me if I want to save the change. Clicking "yes" gets no reaction, so I can only click "no" to get out of that window. This is EXTREMELY frustrating. I have hit Shift+fn+F5 (I'm on a MacBook), but it took about 4 times of pressing that to get the "Loading..." window, then it got stuck there, then I had to refresh again. What's going on? Is there no way to just keep YZD running continuously without worry?

I am using YZD 1.0 build 1513 on a MacBook OS X 10.4.11 (Tiger).

Thanks.

can you check the memory usage of these two processes?

java
    prism

Quote Originally Posted by Nohwoman View Post
    I've looked around in the forums but didn't see anything about this, so I hope someone can help.

I leave Zimbra open all the time, put the computer to sleep and when I reawaken it YZD is only partly responsive. It will not sync with my Yahoo account, even if I force a sync (I can press the "button" but nothing will happen). If I click on an email, it won't load (the last email I was looking at before sleep will remain in the pane). I can't click on any other folder. I can click the tabs to get to my address book, calendar, preferences, etc., but if I try to make a change -- say, add a new address or set a new preference -- it won't work. I can get to, for example, the screen to add a new contact but when I click save nothing happens. If I click on a different tab, a pop-up window asks me if I want to save the change. Clicking "yes" gets no reaction, so I can only click "no" to get out of that window. This is EXTREMELY frustrating. I have hit Shift+fn+F5 (I'm on a MacBook), but it took about 4 times of pressing that to get the "Loading..." window, then it got stuck there, then I had to refresh again. What's going on? Is there no way to just keep YZD running continuously without worry?

I am using YZD 1.0 build 1513 on a MacBook OS X 10.4.11 (Tiger).

Thanks.

My apologies, jmhe. Thanks for wanting to help, but I just found too many things too frustrating and uninstalled zimbra from my computer. Good luck developing YZD. Maybe I'll give it another shot in the future.