Thread: Synchronization of folder '/Inbox' disabled due to maximum number of per-item errors

Red face Synchronization of folder '/Inbox' disabled due to maximum number of per-item errors

Morning guys

Being a new user of Zimbra Desktop i am totally buffled by the amounts of error report i get - about 500 at the moment (for the 1st week of using it), which I assume largely contributes to the fact that my on/offline status is a constant red square.

There are two major types of errors, as listed below:

Product name: Zimbra Desktop
    Product version: 1.0
    Build ID: 1537
    Release type: R
    OS Platform: Windows XP x86 5.1
    Time of event: 2009-04-02 12:39:43
    Error type: service.FAILURE
    Item ID: 2
    Error summary: Synchronization of folder '/Inbox' disabled due to maximum number of per-item errors exceeded

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Affected data - PLEASE REMOVE ANY SENSITIVE INFORMATION (size=0):

Failure details - PLEASE REMOVE ANY SENSITIVE INFORMATION

com.zimbra.common.service.ServiceException: system failure: Synchronization of folder '/Inbox' disabled due to maximum number of per-item errors exceeded
    ExceptionId:btpool0-14:1238672383171:ded513350b91165e
    Code:service.FAILURE
    at com.zimbra.common.service.ServiceException.FAILURE (ServiceException.java:253)
    at com.zimbra.cs.datasource.ImapFolderSync.incrementT otalErrors(ImapFolderSync.java:1274)
    at com.zimbra.cs.datasource.ImapFolderSync.syncMessag eFailed(ImapFolderSync.java:1248)
    at com.zimbra.cs.datasource.ImapFolderSync.appendMess ages(ImapFolderSync.java:568)
    at com.zimbra.cs.datasource.ImapFolderSync.appendNewM essages(ImapFolderSync.java:534)
    at com.zimbra.cs.datasource.ImapFolderSync.finishSync (ImapFolderSync.java:410)
    at com.zimbra.cs.datasource.ImapSync.finishSync(ImapS ync.java:270)
    at com.zimbra.cs.datasource.ImapSync.syncFolders(Imap Sync.java:189)
    at com.zimbra.cs.datasource.ImapSync.importData(ImapS ync.java:145)
    at com.zimbra.cs.offline.OfflineImport.importData(Off lineImport.java:88)
    at com.zimbra.cs.offline.YMailImport.importData(YMail Import.java:50)
    at com.zimbra.cs.datasource.DataSourceManager.importD ata(DataSourceManager.java:154)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.LocalMailbox.importData(Loca lMailbox.java:417)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.LocalMailbox.syncAllLocalDat aSources(LocalMailbox.java:389)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.LocalMailbox.sync(LocalMailb ox.java:431)
    at com.zimbra.cs.service.offline.OfflineSync.handle(O fflineSync.java:49)
    at com.zimbra.soap.SoapEngine.dispatchRequest(SoapEng ine.java:429)
    at com.zimbra.soap.SoapEngine.dispatch(SoapEngine.jav a:286)
    at com.zimbra.soap.SoapEngine.dispatch(SoapEngine.jav a:160)
    at com.zimbra.soap.SoapServlet.doPost(SoapServlet.jav a:269)
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet .java:727)
    at com.zimbra.cs.servlet.ZimbraServlet.service(Zimbra Servlet.java:190)
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet .java:820)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(Ser vletHolder.java:487)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(Se rvletHandler.java:362)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle( SecurityHandler.java:216)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.SessionHandler.handle(Se ssionHandler.java:181)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.handle(Co ntextHandler.java:716)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.handle(WebA ppContext.java:406)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandlerCollection .handle(ContextHandlerCollection.java:211)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerCollection.handle (HandlerCollection.java:114)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(Ha ndlerWrapper.java:139)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.RewriteHandler.handle(Re writeHandler.java:176)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.handle(Server.java:313)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handleRequest(Htt pConnection.java:506)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.co ntent(HttpConnection.java:844)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser. java:644)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpPa rser.java:211)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnec tion.java:381)
    at org.mortbay.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.run(Selec tChannelEndPoint.java:396)
    at org.mortbay.thread.BoundedThreadPool$PoolThread.ru n(BoundedThreadPool.java:442)

And the problem of Appending to mailbox:

Build ID: 1537
    Time of event: 2009-04-02 12:39:40
    Error type: APPEND failed: APPEND error: can't append to that mailbox, error in date-time
    Item ID: 2731
    Error summary: Append message failed

Affected data - PLEASE REMOVE ANY SENSITIVE INFORMATION (size=113):

Local folder: /Inbox
    Failed request: C121 APPEND Inbox (\Seen) "09- -2009 01:05:48 +0000" <literal 173333 bytes>

com.zimbra.cs.mailclient.CommandFailedException: APPEND failed: APPEND error: can't append to that mailbox, error in date-time
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailclient.imap.ImapRequest.failed(I mapRequest.java:185)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailclient.imap.ImapRequest.failed(I mapRequest.java:181)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailclient.imap.ImapRequest.checkSta tus(ImapRequest.java:95)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailclient.imap.ImapRequest.sendChec kStatus(ImapRequest.java:81)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailclient.imap.ImapConnection.appen d(ImapConnection.java:218)
    at com.zimbra.cs.datasource.RemoteFolder.appendMessag e(RemoteFolder.java:93)
    at com.zimbra.cs.datasource.ImapFolderSync.appendMess age(ImapFolderSync.java:578)
    at com.zimbra.cs.datasource.ImapFolderSync.appendMess ages(ImapFolderSync.java:564)
    at com.zimbra.cs.datasource.ImapFolderSync.appendNewM essages(ImapFolderSync.java:534)
    at com.zimbra.cs.datasource.ImapFolderSync.finishSync (ImapFolderSync.java:410)
    at com.zimbra.cs.datasource.ImapSync.finishSync(ImapS ync.java:270)
    at com.zimbra.cs.datasource.ImapSync.syncFolders(Imap Sync.java:189)
    at com.zimbra.cs.datasource.ImapSync.importData(ImapS ync.java:145)
    at com.zimbra.cs.offline.YMailImport.importData(YMail Import.java:50)
    at com.zimbra.cs.datasource.DataSourceManager.importD ata(DataSourceManager.java:154)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.LocalMailbox.syncAllLocalDat aSources(LocalMailbox.java:389)
    at com.zimbra.soap.SoapServlet.doPost(SoapServlet.jav a:269)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandlerCollection .handle(ContextHandlerCollection.java:211)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerCollection.handle (HandlerCollection.java:114)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.co ntent(HttpConnection.java:844)
    at org.mortbay.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.run(Selec tChannelEndPoint.java:396)
    at org.mortbay.thread.BoundedThreadPool$PoolThread.ru n(BoundedThreadPool.java:442)

Would be grateful for any thoughts re correcting the issues.

Cheers

Hi, could you please file a bug? This is definitely a bug. Thanks!

Smile Private

hi

have managed to file the bug, which is too long to post - therefore attached the zip file.

Something interesting happened a couple of hours ago when i worked on some emails of some of my folders in the ZDesktop. Dont know since when the green circle is on!? - well, after filing the bug, it becomes a red error circle.

Help is still needed, by the look of it.

Many thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files

For some reason, I could not find your bug report so ended up filing a new one: Bug 36869 &ndash; APPEND error due to invalid date format. If this is a dup please let me know.
    Last edited by dac; 04-05-2009 at 06:46 PM.

sorry, from what you are saying, i dont think i managed to create the bug file in the first instance. Therefore it wont be a duplicate.

Is there anything i can do? If it is the date problem, could it be due to the fact that i have switched my english windows to chinese language enabled through tweaking the Region/Language setting in control panel?

Default sync disabled again

hi

i thought this problem has been sorted but it actually comes back again:

sequence of event:

[LIST]
    i realised early this week that i lost some emails in both ZD and my yahoo web account.[*]i imported my email backup (exported previously) into ZD using the Replace function to eliminate any duplicate[*]ZD seems to be back on track with those lost emails but yahoo web account has lost lots of other mails and is not synced to ZD[*]this problem persisted until now i have thousands of the following error messages which effectively suspended the sync of many of my folders on ZD..

Error message:

Build ID: 1593
    Time of event: 2009-07-15 11:43:16
    Error type: service.FAILURE
    Item ID: 282
    Error summary: Synchronization of folder '/Agents' disabled due to maximum number of per-item errors exceeded

Affected data - PLEASE REMOVE ANY SENSITIVE INFORMATION (size=0):

com.zimbra.common.service.ServiceException: system failure: Synchronization of folder '/Agents' disabled due to maximum number of per-item errors exceeded
    ExceptionId:btpool0-1:1247654596656:691ed64b482cd63e
    Code:service.FAILURE
    at com.zimbra.common.service.ServiceException.FAILURE (ServiceException.java:253)
    at com.zimbra.cs.datasource.ImapFolderSync.incrementT otalErrors(ImapFolderSync.java:1276)
    at com.zimbra.cs.datasource.ImapFolderSync.syncMessag eFailed(ImapFolderSync.java:1250)
    at com.zimbra.cs.datasource.ImapFolderSync.appendMess ages(ImapFolderSync.java:565)
    at com.zimbra.cs.datasource.ImapFolderSync.appendNewM essages(ImapFolderSync.java:531)
    at com.zimbra.cs.datasource.ImapFolderSync.finishSync (ImapFolderSync.java:406)
    at com.zimbra.cs.datasource.ImapSync.finishSync(ImapS ync.java:277)
    at com.zimbra.cs.datasource.ImapSync.syncFolders(Imap Sync.java:196)
    at com.zimbra.cs.datasource.ImapSync.importData(ImapS ync.java:152)
    at com.zimbra.cs.offline.YMailImport.importData(YMail Import.java:53)
    at com.zimbra.soap.SoapServlet.doPost(SoapServlet.jav a:275)

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by guangd2000 View Post
    i thought this problem has been sorted but it actually comes back again:
    See comment #20 in the bug report: Bug 36869 &ndash; APPEND error due to invalid date format
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Hi there,
    I have exactly the same problem and it happens when i try to synchronize big emails (larger than 4 mb) to move them from ZD to yahoo webmail account.
    Thanks for your help