Thread: Unable to Sync with Gmail

Hybrid View

Default Unable to Sync with Gmail

I downloaded about 15000 email messages from yahoo, including about 40 subfolders. This worked well. Then I backed up the Yahoo and then imported it into my Gmail account, all within Zimbra. This also appeared to work well. My goal s now to push the inported emails all up to Gmail so taht I have all my Yahoo archial and subfolders in Gmail. It started to sync, it created the subfolders in Gmail and pushed about 500 messages but now it will only sync new mail and will not push up anything in to the subfolders (except the one test message I created first).

The error report is always the same and gives me no help:

Product name: Zimbra Desktop
    Product version: 1.0
    Build ID: 1537
    Release type: R
    OS Platform: Windows Vista x86 6.0
    Time of event: 2009-04-15 22:45:55
    Error type: service.FAILURE
    Item ID: 2
    Error summary: Synchronization of folder '/Inbox' disabled due to maximum number of per-item errors exceeded

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Affected data - PLEASE REMOVE ANY SENSITIVE INFORMATION (size=0):

Failure details - PLEASE REMOVE ANY SENSITIVE INFORMATION

com.zimbra.common.service.ServiceException: system failure: Synchronization of folder '/Inbox' disabled due to maximum number of per-item errors exceeded
    ExceptionId:btpool0-2:1239849955273:75a47ac709e4c3cb
    Code:service.FAILURE
    at com.zimbra.common.service.ServiceException.FAILURE (ServiceException.java:253)
    at com.zimbra.cs.datasource.ImapFolderSync.incrementT otalErrors(ImapFolderSync.java:1274)
    at com.zimbra.cs.datasource.ImapFolderSync.syncMessag eFailed(ImapFolderSync.java:1248)
    at com.zimbra.cs.datasource.ImapFolderSync.appendMess agesNoUidPlus(ImapFolderSync.java:620)
    at com.zimbra.cs.datasource.ImapFolderSync.appendNewM essages(ImapFolderSync.java:536)
    at com.zimbra.cs.datasource.ImapFolderSync.finishSync (ImapFolderSync.java:410)
    at com.zimbra.cs.datasource.ImapSync.finishSync(ImapS ync.java:270)
    at com.zimbra.cs.datasource.ImapSync.syncFolders(Imap Sync.java:189)
    at com.zimbra.cs.datasource.ImapSync.importData(ImapS ync.java:145)
    at com.zimbra.cs.offline.OfflineImport.importData(Off lineImport.java:88)
    at com.zimbra.cs.offline.GMailImport.importData(GMail Import.java:49)
    at com.zimbra.cs.datasource.DataSourceManager.importD ata(DataSourceManager.java:154)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.LocalMailbox.importData(Loca lMailbox.java:417)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.LocalMailbox.syncAllLocalDat aSources(LocalMailbox.java:389)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.LocalMailbox.sync(LocalMailb ox.java:431)
    at com.zimbra.cs.service.offline.OfflineSync.handle(O fflineSync.java:49)
    at com.zimbra.soap.SoapEngine.dispatchRequest(SoapEng ine.java:429)
    at com.zimbra.soap.SoapEngine.dispatch(SoapEngine.jav a:286)
    at com.zimbra.soap.SoapEngine.dispatch(SoapEngine.jav a:160)
    at com.zimbra.soap.SoapServlet.doPost(SoapServlet.jav a:269)
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet .java:727)
    at com.zimbra.cs.servlet.ZimbraServlet.service(Zimbra Servlet.java:190)
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet .java:820)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(Ser vletHolder.java:487)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(Se rvletHandler.java:362)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle( SecurityHandler.java:216)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.SessionHandler.handle(Se ssionHandler.java:181)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.handle(Co ntextHandler.java:716)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.handle(WebA ppContext.java:406)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandlerCollection .handle(ContextHandlerCollection.java:211)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerCollection.handle (HandlerCollection.java:114)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(Ha ndlerWrapper.java:139)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.RewriteHandler.handle(Re writeHandler.java:176)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(Ha ndlerWrapper.java:139)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.handle(Server.java:313)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handleRequest(Htt pConnection.java:506)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.co ntent(HttpConnection.java:844)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser. java:644)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpPa rser.java:211)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnec tion.java:381)
    at org.mortbay.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.run(Selec tChannelEndPoint.java:396)
    at org.mortbay.thread.BoundedThreadPool$PoolThread.ru n(BoundedThreadPool.java:442)

Is this product going to work to allow me to transition from Yahoo to Gmail? Or is it better to abandon Ximbra and use something else for this?

Thanks!
    J5

You should have seen other per-message error reports generated before this one. Could you please attach one of those?