Thread: CRLF expected at end of chunk

Default CRLF expected at end of chunk

A user has four accounts in the Zimbra desktop app.

Here is what is coming up on one of those.

Can anyone please help?

I am trying to migrate from MS Exchnage to Linux-based e-mail after 12 years of Microsoft-based mail. And my users (and I) are finding it very challanging... Zimbra so far seems a good contender, but I need help. Thank you!

Debug message: CRLF expected at end of chunk: 51/53

Exception:

com.zimbra.common.service.ServiceException: system failure: InitialSync.syncMessagesAsTgz
    ExceptionId:btpool0-31:1240863811343:6fe64e8684809a21
    Code:service.FAILURE
    at com.zimbra.common.service.ServiceException.FAILURE (ServiceException.java:253)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.SyncExceptionHandler.checkRe coverableException(SyncExceptionHandler.java:40)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.InitialSync.syncMessagesAsTg z(InitialSync.java:952)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.InitialSync.syncMessages(Ini tialSync.java:906)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.InitialSync.syncMessagelikeI tems(InitialSync.java:438)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.InitialSync.initialFolderSyn c(InitialSync.java:320)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.InitialSync.initialFolderSyn c(InitialSync.java:384)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.InitialSync.initialFolderSyn c(InitialSync.java:384)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.InitialSync.resume(InitialSy nc.java:195)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.InitialSync.resume(InitialSy nc.java:179)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.MailboxSync.sync(MailboxSync .java:186)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.OfflineMailbox.sync(OfflineM ailbox.java:140)
    at com.zimbra.cs.service.offline.OfflineSync.handle(O fflineSync.java:47)
    at com.zimbra.soap.SoapEngine.dispatchRequest(SoapEng ine.java:429)
    at com.zimbra.soap.SoapEngine.dispatch(SoapEngine.jav a:286)
    at com.zimbra.soap.SoapEngine.dispatch(SoapEngine.jav a:160)
    at com.zimbra.soap.SoapServlet.doPost(SoapServlet.jav a:269)
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet .java:727)
    at com.zimbra.cs.servlet.ZimbraServlet.service(Zimbra Servlet.java:190)
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet .java:820)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(Ser vletHolder.java:487)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(Se rvletHandler.java:362)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle( SecurityHandler.java:216)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.SessionHandler.handle(Se ssionHandler.java:181)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.handle(Co ntextHandler.java:716)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.handle(WebA ppContext.java:406)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandlerCollection .handle(ContextHandlerCollection.java:211)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerCollection.handle (HandlerCollection.java:114)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(Ha ndlerWrapper.java:139)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.RewriteHandler.handle(Re writeHandler.java:176)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(Ha ndlerWrapper.java:139)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.handle(Server.java:313)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handleRequest(Htt pConnection.java:506)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.co ntent(HttpConnection.java:844)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser. java:644)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpPa rser.java:211)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnec tion.java:381)
    at org.mortbay.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.run(Selec tChannelEndPoint.java:396)
    at org.mortbay.thread.BoundedThreadPool$PoolThread.ru n(BoundedThreadPool.java:442)
    Caused by: com.zimbra.common.service.ServiceException: system failure: Unable to read/write message id=492
    ExceptionId:btpool0-31:1240863811343:6fe64e8684809a21
    Code:service.FAILURE
    at com.zimbra.common.service.ServiceException.FAILURE (ServiceException.java:253)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.InitialSync.saveMessage(Init ialSync.java:1090)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.InitialSync.syncMessagesAsTg z(InitialSync.java:948)
    ... 36 more
    Caused by: java.io.IOException: CRLF expected at end of chunk: 51/53
    at org.apache.commons.httpclient.ChunkedInputStream.r eadCRLF(ChunkedInputStream.java:206)
    at org.apache.commons.httpclient.ChunkedInputStream.n extChunk(ChunkedInputStream.java:218)
    at org.apache.commons.httpclient.ChunkedInputStream.r ead(ChunkedInputStream.java:175)
    at java.io.FilterInputStream.read(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.commons.httpclient.AutoCloseInputStream .read(AutoCloseInputStream.java:107)
    at java.io.FilterInputStream.read(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.zip.InflaterInputStream.fill(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.zip.InflaterInputStream.read(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.zip.GZIPInputStream.read(Unknown Source)
    at com.zimbra.common.util.tar.TarBuffer.readBlock(Tar Buffer.java:257)
    at com.zimbra.common.util.tar.TarBuffer.readRecord(Ta rBuffer.java:223)
    at com.zimbra.common.util.tar.TarInputStream.read(Tar InputStream.java:349)
    at com.zimbra.common.util.ByteUtil.readInput(ByteUtil .java:646)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.InitialSync.saveMessage(Init ialSync.java:1079)
    ... 37 more

If issue persists please post description and debug information here.

Which account are you seeing this on, the migrating Exch account? The errors seemed to indicate the errors happening during the initial sync. Does the sync halt, or does it continue?

Can you let us know what Zimbra Desktop you are using?

Thank you for the resopnse.

The zimbra desktop in use is zdesktop_1_0_build_1537_win32 which i believe is the latest one

Synchronisation stops at that stage and does not continue. Further testst and nivestigations showed that the reason seemed to be infected messages that were imported from the PST file. The A/V program then picks them up upon sync and yeild the error message halting further sync.

I changed the A/V program from The Schield to Kaspersky. The result is similar: during import into the database from PST not all infected messages are detected. Later, upon synchronisation, when infected messages are detected the sync simply halts until the offending message is located through the web interface (as i ended up doing), removed from the folder and completely purged from the trash as well. only then sync carries on. Can you imagine going through this process with about 20 randomly infected messages out of 13,000? - It took hours per mailbox. Really. Especially that there is no way to quickly navigate/jump to partucular message number or page...

With the Kasperski program the sync stops and there is a message from the A/V module that a threat was detected. No error message CRLF Expected . It seems the issue was caused by the way the Zimbra desktop reacts with The Shield A/V product.

Ok, the so PC's antivirus program causing the sync to stop. That would probably explain the "java.io.IOException" error. Have you tried disabling the a/v app to continue w/ the sync?

Well, not really, I didn't. If the a/v prog reports a threat I wouldn't want to say 'oh, a virus? nevermind, i'll have it anyway.' I would defeat the purpose of the a/v stuff, no?