Thread: service.FAILURE: system failure: Unable to connect to IMAP server:

Default service.FAILURE: system failure: Unable to connect to IMAP server:

Hi there,

When I am trying to create a account for yahoo and gmail in zimbra desktop I am getting the error :"service.FAILURE: system failure: Unable to connect to IMAP server: ". . I have tried it before then its working and then I formatted my lapi for some reasons and now its not working . its giving problem only with yahoo and gmail. i tried with hotmail its working. For your information I am using windows 7 rc1...
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by ankushbadyal View Post
    Hi there,

When I am trying to create a account for yahoo and gmail in zimbra desktop I am getting the error :"service.FAILURE: system failure: Unable to connect to IMAP server: ". . I have tried it before then its working and then I formatted my lapi for some reasons and now its not working . its giving problem only with yahoo and gmail. i tried with hotmail its working. For your information I am using windows 7 rc1...
    For the Yahoo! account, is it a @yahoo.com address, or another @yahoo.<international suffix> You can PM if you wish.

Can you look at the accounts setup page for the Yahoo! account? If you have Synchronize all calendars and all contacts and groups, can you try unselecting them, and try again?

Arrow

I have yahoo account in both yahoo.in as well as yahoo.com. and second thing i have also tried to create an account for the gmail. I tried to create without the to options you have mentioned but no use, the same error is still there!!

Quote Originally Posted by king0770 View Post
    For the Yahoo! account, is it a @yahoo.com address, or another @yahoo.<international suffix> You can PM if you wish.

Can you look at the accounts setup page for the Yahoo! account? If you have Synchronize all calendars and all contacts and groups, can you try unselecting them, and try again?
    i have tried what you said, its not working either. i have accound in yahoo.com, yahoo.in and gmail.com

I'll ask the developers about this one. In the log, it shows "Unexpected tag in response" so I am not exactly sure how to interpret that, so I'll ask.

Also in the log, it does show "Unable to connect to IMAP server host=zimbra.imap.mail.yahoo.com"

Can you see if you can connect to the host?

telnet zimbra.imap.mail.yahoo.com 993

or

openssl -s_client -connect zimbra.imap.mail.yahoo.com:993

Which version of ZD are you running? The log shows some charset issues. Are you running on an en-US system or something else?

Quote Originally Posted by king0770 View Post
    I'll ask the developers about this one. In the log, it shows "Unexpected tag in response" so I am not exactly sure how to interpret that, so I'll ask.

Also in the log, it does show "Unable to connect to IMAP server host=zimbra.imap.mail.yahoo.com"

Can you see if you can connect to the host?

telnet zimbra.imap.mail.yahoo.com 993

or

openssl -s_client -connect zimbra.imap.mail.yahoo.com:993

Hi !! I tried the telnet commond but all i got is a empty black screen and then it goes away.. does that mean i am not able to connect to the imap zimbra??

I don't know how check the version of zimbra, coz generally its in the help->about. but the commond is not there

Hi

I have the same problem. Here's my situation...

1. Installed Zimbra desktop on my desktop PC and setup my IMAP account - no problems, working perfectly. Also setup a Gmail account - working perfectly.
    2. Trying to do the same on my notebook computer. Gmail account setup perfectly. IMAp account setup not working: "service.FAILURE: system failure: unable to connect to imap server"

My desktop is Windows 7 and latest version of Zimbra desktop (as at 6 November 2010).

I am using the EXACT same settings as I used on my desktop PC. Only difference is that the desktop is Windows XP.

Have searched the internet and forums to no avail.

Can anyone help?

Sounds like the IMAP server settings were entered incorrectly on the laptop, or there is a firewall/proxy on the laptop preventing access to the server.