Thread: Difficulty in running upgraded version of Zimbra Desktop

Default Difficulty in running upgraded version of Zimbra Desktop

I have been using Zimbra Desktop for the last one week. I upgraded the version today. I am using Ubuntu 9.04 as my OS. Soon after installation of the upgrade for Zimbra Desktop, the follwing is the message I get. Kindly suggest further course of action.

Couldn't access Yahoo! Zimbra Desktop server. If issue persists after reinstall, please check logs for errors and report to Zimbra Desktop - Zimbra - Forums.

can you attach these files?

.install4j/installation.log
    log/zdesktop.out
    log/zdesktop.log

Quote Originally Posted by ceedeeskumar View Post
    I have been using Zimbra Desktop for the last one week. I upgraded the version today. I am using Ubuntu 9.04 as my OS. Soon after installation of the upgrade for Zimbra Desktop, the follwing is the message I get. Kindly suggest further course of action.

Couldn't access Yahoo! Zimbra Desktop server. If issue persists after reinstall, please check logs for errors and report to Zimbra Desktop - Zimbra - Forums.

Default Installation errors and re-installation

I have the same problem with upgrading a Zimbra Desktop in Win XP. I saw the error messages about Java errors also during installation. Error occurs (J2RE related, I don't remember error messages exactly, sorry) also when I tries to uninstall incorrectly installed program, and uninstall was not made too. Updating procedure I use without separate uninstalling of previous version, new installer makes uninstall automatically. I observes these errors twice when I installs 1.0b1537 and then 1.0b1539 versions. For resolving this I deletes all files in my "\Program Files\zdesktop" folder, cleans the registry, and installs a new version to the same folder again. After that all works fine.