Thread: Not syncing - Unexpected End of Stream

Hybrid View

Default Not syncing - Unexpected End of Stream

Debug message: Unexpected end of stream

Exception:

com.zimbra.common.service.ServiceException: system failure: Synchronization of folder '/Inbox' failed
    ExceptionId:mid=2:1247752498663:2959d85f2ab99d1d
    Code:service.FAILURE
    at com.zimbra.common.service.ServiceException.FAILURE (ServiceException.java:253)
    at com.zimbra.cs.datasource.ImapSync.syncFailed(ImapS ync.java:298)
    at com.zimbra.cs.datasource.ImapSync.syncMessages(Ima pSync.java:260)
    at com.zimbra.cs.datasource.ImapSync.syncFolders(Imap Sync.java:195)
    at com.zimbra.cs.datasource.ImapSync.importData(ImapS ync.java:152)
    at com.zimbra.cs.offline.OfflineImport.importData(Off lineImport.java:88)
    at com.zimbra.cs.offline.YMailImport.importData(YMail Import.java:53)
    at com.zimbra.cs.datasource.DataSourceManager.importD ata(DataSourceManager.java:154)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.LocalMailbox.importData(Loca lMailbox.java:417)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.LocalMailbox.syncAllLocalDat aSources(LocalMailbox.java:389)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.LocalMailbox.sync(LocalMailb ox.java:431)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.LocalMailbox.syncOnTimer(Loc alMailbox.java:361)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.DesktopMailbox$1.run(Desktop Mailbox.java:437)
    at java.util.TimerThread.mainLoop(Timer.java:512)
    at java.util.TimerThread.run(Timer.java:462)
    Caused by: java.io.EOFException: Unexpected end of stream
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailclient.MailInputStream.peekChar( MailInputStream.java:128)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailclient.imap.ImapInputStream.read Text(ImapInputStream.java:225)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailclient.imap.ImapResponse.readRes ponse(ImapResponse.java:48)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailclient.imap.ImapResponse.read(Im apResponse.java:41)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailclient.imap.ImapConnection.readR esponse(ImapConnection.java:628)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailclient.imap.ImapConnection.nextR esponse(ImapConnection.java:622)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailclient.imap.ImapConnection.waitF orResponse(ImapConnection.java:541)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailclient.imap.ImapConnection.sendR equest(ImapConnection.java:475)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailclient.imap.ImapRequest.send(Ima pRequest.java:77)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailclient.imap.ImapRequest.sendChec kStatus(ImapRequest.java:81)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailclient.imap.ImapConnection.uidFe tch(ImapConnection.java:297)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailclient.imap.ImapConnection.uidFe tch(ImapConnection.java:343)
    at com.zimbra.cs.datasource.ImapFolderSync.fetchFlags (ImapFolderSync.java:771)
    at com.zimbra.cs.datasource.ImapFolderSync.fetchFlags (ImapFolderSync.java:756)
    at com.zimbra.cs.datasource.ImapFolderSync.syncFlags( ImapFolderSync.java:291)
    at com.zimbra.cs.datasource.ImapFolderSync.syncMessag es(ImapFolderSync.java:234)
    at com.zimbra.cs.datasource.ImapSync.syncMessages(Ima pSync.java:257)

Still not syncing...it downloaded most of my mail then just stopped working after a certain point right after the installation.

Its been up all day while I was at work and its still not connecting to the mailbox. That means no new mail since last night when I first installed the app and did the initial install.

Is there a size limit on the size of the entire mailbox?

Any suggestions?

PS. From what I've seen so far, the Zimbra interface kicks major @ss.

I've had my Yahoo ID since 2002 and have been a yahoo plus member since 2007...and in my opinion this is by far the best mail client I've used online or in a business setting bar none. Kudo's to you developers for pumping out a great product.

Alright, a possible breakthrough in the error and download issue.

I thought about what I stated regarding the client downloading mail and then stopping at a certain point.

On my Mac I checked the user\Zimbra\zdesktop folders where the client files (Message store files) are located and found they were 1.3 gigs of total data!

So thinking that it may be something to do with "data size" I started cleaning out my inbox inside the Zimbra desktop application. I started with all large attachments messages and then generally anything I could live without. (I backed up my inbox by exporting it inside of Zimbra first)

Then after cleaning it up and getting the size down to 950 megs I logged out and had the client reconnect to the yahoo login once again (I did this 30 times to try and reconnect last night and today).

FYI Remember to clean out your deleted items in order to remove the files and data size from your total message store.

And what do you know? It logged in and started downloading again! Yeehaw!

My conclusion: So it's either file size, amount of total messages in the store or it was just a coincidence that it started working again.

It's working now, I'll keep you posted on any future developments.

This client rocks...I'm going to try to get it demo'ed and implemented at my site. I'm sick of exchange. Do they have a roadmap to getting free of an exchange addiction! If not, you guys need one.

After an upgrade from 5.0.18 to 6.0.0 I had the error message "Unexpected End of Stream" with my external IMAP accounts.
    Although they're small, counted in MBs, the trick with deleting Trash helped. Thank you!