Thread: Sync error : Failure communicating with remote server. Please try again later

Hybrid View

Default Sync error : Failure communicating with remote server. Please try again later

I get the following error message:
    Code:
    Failure communicating with remote server. Please try again later.  (debug info)

Debug message: permission denied: Only admins may listen to other account IDs

Exception:

com.zimbra.common.soap.SoapFaultException: permission denied: Only admins may listen to other account IDs
    ExceptionId:btpool0-0:http://172.16.20.4:80/service/soap/:1261150760164:d8483a747ae55861
    Code:service.PERM_DENIED
    	at com.zimbra.common.soap.Soap12Protocol.soapFault(Soap12Protocol.java:88)
    	at com.zimbra.common.soap.SoapTransport.extractBodyElement(SoapTransport.java:266)
    	at com.zimbra.common.soap.SoapTransport.parseSoapResponse(SoapTransport.java:227)
    	at com.zimbra.common.soap.SoapHttpTransport.invoke(SoapHttpTransport.java:295)
    	at com.zimbra.common.soap.SoapHttpTransport.invoke(SoapHttpTransport.java:230)
    	at com.zimbra.common.soap.SoapTransport.invoke(SoapTransport.java:318)
    	at com.zimbra.common.soap.SoapTransport.invokeWithoutSession(SoapTransport.java:305)
    	at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.OfflineMailbox.sendRequest(OfflineMailbox.java:776)
    	at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.OfflineMailbox.sendRequest(OfflineMailbox.java:740)
    	at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.OfflineMailbox.sendRequest(OfflineMailbox.java:736)
    	at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.OfflineMailbox.sendRequest(OfflineMailbox.java:732)
    	at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.OfflinePoller.createWaitset(OfflinePoller.java:93)
    	at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.OfflinePoller.runPoll(OfflinePoller.java:73)
    	at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.OfflinePoller.run(OfflinePoller.java:66)
    	at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

If issue persists please post description and debug information here.
    I'm running the Open Source edition, version 6.0.3

The system has been running fine for the last 2 weeks now, and this afternoon this problem started...

Is there anything I need to check or do?
    I already tried restarting the zimbra service through
    Code:
    /etc/init.d/zimbra restart
    which didn't resolve the issue...

Thanks for the help and info!

I'm using the Yahoo Zimbra desktop 1.0.3 & am having the same issue. I have 6 email accounts: 3 pop accounts, 2 yahoo accounts, & 1 Gmail account. On 2 of the 3 pop accounts I get a red exclamation mark stating "Failure communicating with remote server. Please try again later". I seem to be getting emails none the less in those accounts via Zimbra but I wonder if I'm getting all of them due to this error message. BTW, the 3 pop accounts are from the same domain, yet only 2 of the 3 are having the problem. Any ideas?