Thread: Migrate ZD from one computer to another

Default Migrate ZD from one computer to another

Hi,

I am writing today to ask for some much needed assistance. I work at Stanford University and we use the ZCS for all university email, and here in the department where I work we use Zimbra Desktop 1.0.3 and 1.0.4

Last week I installed a new Windows XP box for one of the administrative assistants. I couldn't find any information on how to get her local folders over to the new machine so I just copied the entire installation directory out of her user folder.

After doing so ZD didn't want to launch so I reinstalled 1.0.3 and then it began working. However, all of her subfolders in the local folder area show a lock icon and when you click on any of them it comes up with an error message saying No Such Blob. This also happens on any subfolder that is a part of her inbox as well.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Martin

please try these steps to migrate between machines, but only if the old and new installations have IDENTICAL installation paths.

if the paths are different, they you have to use the "export/import" functions to do data migration.

1) Shutdown ZD service on OLD machine. (right-click on systray icon, then Shutdown Service). This step ensures data integraty during copying.

2) Install ZD on new machine. After installation, shutdown ZD service on new installation.

3) Copy "store", "index" and "derby" folders from old to new installation, overwriting the folders with the same names at new machine.

4) Start ZD at new machine

Quote Originally Posted by mlminogue View Post
    Hi,

I am writing today to ask for some much needed assistance. I work at Stanford University and we use the ZCS for all university email, and here in the department where I work we use Zimbra Desktop 1.0.3 and 1.0.4

Last week I installed a new Windows XP box for one of the administrative assistants. I couldn't find any information on how to get her local folders over to the new machine so I just copied the entire installation directory out of her user folder.

After doing so ZD didn't want to launch so I reinstalled 1.0.3 and then it began working. However, all of her subfolders in the local folder area show a lock icon and when you click on any of them it comes up with an error message saying No Such Blob. This also happens on any subfolder that is a part of her inbox as well.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Martin