Thread: Synchronization failure

Default Synchronization failure

Hello,

I am AVG Technologies developer for E-mail scanner. We have a issue with Zimbra Destop 2.0 b10580, it fails to synchronize with IMAP server.
    From the logs I see that there is a problem with FETCH response some Unexpected character '\r' (expecting ' '), but I don't see where is this problem. I have monitored all the communication. Can someone help me figure out where is this Unexpected character, help to setup Zimbra Destop that I can see whole network comunication from Zimbra Desktop.
    In attachment is zdesktop_log.zip.

Thank you

Milan Franc
    AVG Technologies
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default AVG issue w/ Exchange IMAP sync

Quote Originally Posted by francm View Post
    Hello,

I am AVG Technologies developer for E-mail scanner. We have a issue with Zimbra Destop 2.0 b10580, it fails to synchronize with IMAP server.
    From the logs I see that there is a problem with FETCH response some Unexpected character '\r' (expecting ' '), but I don't see where is this problem. I have monitored all the communication. Can someone help me figure out where is this Unexpected character, help to setup Zimbra Destop that I can see whole network comunication from Zimbra Desktop.
    In attachment is zdesktop_log.zip.

Thank you

Milan Franc
    AVG Technologies
    I can confirm this is an issue. I too am using Zimbra Desktop 2.0 (build 10580) in conjuction with AVG Antivirus Business Edition 2011. I was able to send but not receive email from my Exchange server. Yahoo! and Gmail accounts worked flawlessly from the beginning with no issues. As soon as I disabled AVG email scanning, my Exchange account began to sync as well.

You should be able to see more by selecting 'Enable debug logging' on the account setup page. However, in this case we may stop reading once the error occurs so you may not see the line with the problem. If you want to dig even further you could use WireShark (or your favorite pcap utility) to obtain a capture.

From what I can tell in your log it looks like we are expecting to find a space and then more content after an attribute but found the end of line instead.

I have opened Bug 53453 - IMAP readAttributes() fails if space is missing after attribute, feel free to add details to the bug if you find anything more.