Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [SOLVED] SSL connection failure, bad record MAC

Based on the fact that you are able to download some messages, it seems likely that the message in question (id 4886) has bad/unexpected content.
    If it is always getting stuck on the same message, you may be able to get around the problem by deleting it through ZWC.
    Use the query 'item:4886' to find this item.

If the problem is occurring for *all* accounts on this server then SSL configuration might be the problem.
    The 'bad record MAC' error can mean that there is a mismatch between public and private keys or some similar mismatch in the SSL layer.

Quote Originally Posted by jflanigan View Post
    Based on the fact that you are able to download some messages, it seems likely that the message in question (id 4886) has bad/unexpected content.
    If it is always getting stuck on the same message, you may be able to get around the problem by deleting it through ZWC.

If the problem is occurring for *all* accounts on this server then SSL configuration might be the problem.
    The 'bad record MAC' error can mean that there is a mismatch between public and private keys or some similar mismatch in the SSL layer.
    there was an email , I deleted it, from the online email account, still no luck with desktop, that email had already downloaded to ZD though..

Quote Originally Posted by jflanigan View Post

Ok, after I deleted that email, I see the next error had a different "id". I had to delete several emails from ZWC, one by one based on the error id, but finally ZD loaded all my folders. I will wait a day or so to see if this persists and will update to solved if no more issues - thank you.