Thread: [SOLVED] Zimbra Desktop 2.0.1 can't see my accounts after upgrade

Default [SOLVED] Zimbra Desktop 2.0.1 can't see my accounts after upgrade

I upgraded to 2.0.1 and now when I double-click the Zimbra Desktop icon on the desktop I get the screen that prompts me to add a new account. Why doesn't see the accounts I've already entered?

FWIW the upgrade procedure is really unclear. There are no notes I could see either on the download page nor in the downloaded files. At first I double-clicked the install.pl file, which launched exact same screen I described above. Then I closed that and ran install.pl from the command line, which just suggested to install to /opt/zimbra/zdesktop, which I accepted.

But how do I get my accounts back?

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by rstoya05 View Post
    I upgraded to 2.0.1 and now when I double-click the Zimbra Desktop icon on the desktop I get the screen that prompts me to add a new account. Why doesn't see the accounts I've already entered?

FWIW the upgrade procedure is really unclear. There are no notes I could see either on the download page nor in the downloaded files. At first I double-clicked the install.pl file, which launched exact same screen I described above. Then I closed that and ran install.pl from the command line, which just suggested to install to /opt/zimbra/zdesktop, which I accepted.

But how do I get my accounts back?
    You should have installed ZD 2.0.1 in the same location (the data or 'user' files) as your original ZD install. Read the install instructions in the FAQ: http://www.zimbra.com/forums/announc...available.html

BTW, you should always make sure that you take a backup before doing any software upgrades - just-in-case.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

I appreciate your response but I'm still stuck in my present situation. I need to know how to get ZD to recognize my accounts. Where is that information stored and how can ZD be configured to see it? When I ran the install process I accepted all defaults, which is what I did the first time so as far as I can see it should installed in all the same places.

As for the upgrade instructions, the announcement you point to has a number of documentation links none of which contain upgrade instructions (as opposed to installation instructions!) Also FWIW ZD prompted to download an upgrade by pointing me to this page (Zimbra Desktop) and that page does not contain any release notes that I could see. Nor does the downloaded installation files.

I remembered that when I installed originally I chose ~/.zdesktop vs the less common ~/zdesktop that ZD offered by default. The upgrade updated the desktop shortcut, which is why it couldn't see my accounts any more.