Thread: endless error reports

Angry endless error reports

why do i keep getting endlless error reports how do i get rid of them permanently?

I get a tremendous amount of them too (some days over 300) and its highly annoying. Zimbra cannot synch my GMAIL address book. I have had to enter them all manually. However, Zimbra did a much better job of picking up my individual folders that I keep for things than eM Client did. I also tried Thunderbird but Thunderbird stopped showing my individual folders. Why do they always have to make everything so danged complicated? I am not a fan of Outlook nor Outlook Express and I really dislike GMAIL's format but that is what my boss went to was GMAIL.

Me too. It looks like every synchronisation attempt is failing. Only the Google address book seems to have this issue on my system (Zimbra Desktop 7.2.2 running on Windows Vista 32 bit).

I've read a suggestion somewhere that manually adding a contact to G-mail contacts using their web interface should solve the problem. I have tried this but it does not seem to work; I'm still getting the error messages piling up.

This only started happening a few days ago, so perhaps Google have changed something in their API that Zimbra can no longer cope with. Just a theory.

Typical error message attached.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default Error Messages

I just looked and I've racked up 297 again and I deleted all those from yesterday! I don't want to see these dang things any more! If it can't synch with the GMAIL address book then stop trying I say. What a waste. Other than that and a problem I'm having with not being able to copy anything from a header to do a copy/paste, Zimbra is much better than Thunderbird. eM Client wouldn't synch my sub-folders nor my contacts from GMAIL so I uninstalled that like I did with Thunderbird. Thunderbird removed all my sub-folders that's why I left them. I do wish they would consult the end users before they make their so-called improvements! That isn't going to happen but it would be nice!

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Black View Post
    Me too. It looks like every synchronisation attempt is failing. Only the Google address book seems to have this issue on my system (Zimbra Desktop 7.2.2 running on Windows Vista 32 bit).

I've read a suggestion somewhere that manually adding a contact to G-mail contacts using their web interface should solve the problem. I have tried this but it does not seem to work; I'm still getting the error messages piling up.

This only started happening a few days ago, so perhaps Google have changed something in their API that Zimbra can no longer cope with. Just a theory.

Typical error message attached.

There may be a work-around. See this other thread for details -- 61077-gmail-contacts-not-working-new-installation-constant-error-reports.html