Thread: Zimbra Client MAPI anomalies

Hybrid View

Default Zimbra Client MAPI anomalies

Dear Forum!

We are developing applications in Delphi 6 Professional.

One of our customers said that they have problem with Zimbra Client and our MAPI(SendMail) calls.

The experience was that when they are trying to send mail with our MAPI call, they are got the "attachment" only - the "sender", "recipient", "subject", "body" lost!

Then they said us that our product do wrong call, and I checked the Zimbra Desktop. They said that Excel, Word can send, only our product not.

My experience was that when I used Thunderbird, I can send from:
    - XNView
    - Total Commander (select more item, and send them)
    - our product
    - other programs

But when I used Zimbra, all of them pass only the attachment only - with miscoded Hungarian characters (UTF8).

Because we must provide some solution, first I checked that may it have problem with non-unicode texts.

But as I see that MAPISendMail supports only non-unicode version - only way to pass unicode text is to use UTF8.

But: when I use only non-special characters then the Zimbra also lost the main informations.

So: we are blocked by this "bug" or "problem".

And we don't know what we can do to provide valid email with needed fields...
    We must provide something to this corporation, but I don't know, what we CAN do...

The users don't want to type every field into the document, and automatic filling (with sending characters to the Zimbra directly) is not working on body...

I hope you can suggest something.

Thanks for your help!

Regards: DD

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

What does this have to do with ZImbra Desktop (which is where you've posted)? ZD doesn't use MAPI. Which Zimbra product is actually in use in this scenario?
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
    What does this have to do with ZImbra Desktop (which is where you've posted)? ZD doesn't use MAPI. Which Zimbra product is actually in use in this scenario?
    Dear Bill!

I'm very sorry about wrong description, I try to tell you again with some description.

1.)
    We are a corporation that developing application. We don't have Zimbra product, we only pass the mails from our product to any mail client.
    For example: the use want to order something in email, then click to a button in our product and we call MAPI to show the email.

2.)
    Other of our customers using Thunderbird, OE, Outlook, etc, where the MAPI is working.

3.)
    This problematic customer is using Zimbra Desktop 7.1.2 (build 10978).
    I don't know enough about Zimbra, but I talking to you what I saw.
    I saw a grey screen with "Mails", "Addresses", etc, as in any Mail Clients.
    When I used XNView and Thunderbird for example, and want to send a picture, after I filled the dialog and push "ok" the Thunderbird Mail Window appeared with prefilled fields (Sender, To, Subject, Body), and with attachments.
    When I did this in theirs machine with this Zimbra "email client" (named desktop) I got "New mail" window, but only the attachment got, all other fields are missing.

So: it must provide some MAPI functionality, because our, and other programs MAPI calling is catched by Zimbra Desktop, the New Mail is appeared - but the main fields are commonly used in MAPI are missing.

I don't know how to tell you deeper, because I see this problem once, and I believed that Zimbra Desktop is a (mail client + other functions (like Outlook)).

Please correct if this is wrong...

Thanks for your any help, I hope I explained well.

Regards: dd

So, the experience is that we can send only the attachment.
    The body/subject/to/from fields are lost.

i doubt full ampi can work zdesktop is more a liht version of the webinterface running in a sandbox by mozilla thats the bad news.
    goodnews are it listening on locahost so maybe with soap can be done

or you decide to send mails directly over a zimbra server so you can use user credentials of the zimbra server and bind em to a user inyou application and use soap which is i think the optimum

be aware sincethere only a few interfaces to windows directly because of multiplattform desing of the desktop.

deaktop isnt a java app in a regular way its embedded into the sandbox so all thing going to the os goea trough the mozilla interface as far as i know you may consider to look into their documentation about it but mapi is oddd anyway stick with soap less headache and almost as easy to use as mapi but you can do anything or even more you can do by the gui or mapi could do

bte you could even integrate a synced calendar ...filemanagement...and stuff like that by soap

we also work on a nuclos interface to zimbra to integrate our new internal crm into zimbra )))

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

OK, I'm not a developer so I can't help you too much with your question. You might like to have a look at some of the Zimbra Desktop documentation at these pages and see if they shed any light on the problem:

ZCS 6.0:Zimlet Developers Guide:Introduction - Zimbra :: Wiki
    Category:Zimbra Desktop - Zimbra :: Wiki
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
    OK, I'm not a developer so I can't help you too much with your question. You might like to have a look at some of the Zimbra Desktop documentation at these pages and see if they shed any light on the problem:

ZCS 6.0:Zimlet Developers Guide:Introduction - Zimbra :: Wiki
    Category:Zimbra Desktop - Zimbra :: Wiki
    Hi!

So: as I see the documentation is not containing any reference to MAPI.

Somebody told me that I can see in the source code, but I have no time to understand it.

The main question that is Z supports or not supports the MAPI fields, and if supports then how to I access them.

Thank you:
    dd
    Last edited by durumdara; 12-07-2011 at 06:35 AM.