There's like a zillion messages on this forum regarding this issue and no answers. Typically when zdesktop v 7.1.2 doesn't start, another attempt at starting it works. On version 7.1.4, it just sits there and hangs. This totally blows. Specs below:

Zimbra desktop 7.1.4 build 11273
OS is Centos 5.8
Java is Sun Java SE build 1.6.0_22-b04

Zdesktop worked ok until I decided to upgrade from 7.1.2 to the latest build. Now it won't even start. I give run it with the typical command line and all I get is the jetty screen with the circle in the middle. I can't even click on the menu on the bottom right to see the logs. I do have like 10 Gigs of email which were no problem on 7.1.2. On 7.1.4 all I get when starting from a shell is the circle in the middle going round and round and the machine gets load for like 10 seconds. After that the app just takes up space in RAM and does absolutely nothing. Here's the output from the command line:

JETTY_HOME = /fast/zimbra/zdesktop/jetty
JETTY_RUN = /fast/user/zdesktop/log
JETTY_PID = /fast/user/zdesktop/log/zdesktop.pid
JETTY_CONSOLE = /fast/user/zdesktop/log/zdesktop.out
JETTY_ARGS =
CONFIGS = /fast/user/zdesktop/jetty/etc/jetty.xml
JAVA_OPTIONS = -client -d32 -Djava.awt.headless=true -Xms32m -Xmx150m -Xss150k -XX:MinHeapFreeRatio=20 -XX:MaxHeapFreeRatio=40 -XX:NewRatio=4 -XX:TargetSurvivorRatio=70 -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -DSTART='/fast/zimbra/zdesktop/jetty/etc/start.config' -Dzimbra.home='/fast/user/zdesktop' -Dzimbra.config='/fast/user/zdesktop/conf/localconfig.xml' -Djava.library.path='/fast/zimbra/zdesktop/jetty/../lib' -Djava.awt.headless=true -Djava.io.tmpdir='/fast/user/zdesktop/data/tmp/java' -Djava.net.useSystemProxies=true -Dsun.net.inetaddr.ttl=10 -Djetty.home='/fast/zimbra/zdesktop/jetty'
JAVA = /fast/zimbra/zdesktop/linux/jre/bin/java
Starting Jetty:
Jetty running pid=5570