Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Will not sync Yahoo account

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan1 View Post
    Whatever it is, it is going on a week now and I can't see why someone from Zimbra can't spend 5 minutes to make an announcement here about what is going on so that we don't have to waste hour after hour in speculation. That is really troublesome.
    yes, I agree. As I wrote in a previos post, why don't they?

As usual, Authentification error with yahoo, now what?

ok, ok,There are 8 pages of comments in this thread basically saying, repeating it loud, restating it many times over, saying it again, and all in plain English: Zimbra has stopped working and cannot sync yahoo accounts. so, let's try this: HALLO ZIMBRA!! ANYBODY THERE! (if it looks like I am shouting, you are right. Who knows, someone may even hear it, since reading about this issue doesn't seem to be happening).

Myeurop - the update from yahoo was info. It might be an answer that no one wants to hear. The POP service for yahoo is no longer free. This may have been a loophole in the yahoo system that we all have been able to take advantage of unknowingly with Zimbra.

Does anyone have a Yahoo Plus account that is running into the same issues?

Quote Originally Posted by D_Pollack View Post
    The POP service for yahoo is no longer free.
    Yahoo POP service was never free. Zimbra had a special relationship with Yahoo in the past. That's probably how Zimbra came to support Yahoo mail without users paying Yahoo for access. As I speculated earlier, Yahoo may have decided that they no longer want to give Zimbra that access for people to use for free. But that's just speculation.

It's also worth mentioning that there have been a few other programs out there over the years that allowed you to access your Yahoo mail for free. But most of them had constant problems because they had to use some very breakable techniques to access the mail. I found them mostly annoying.

The only reason I got Zimbra is for the Yahoo access because most of the other services have free POP access.

It's possible that this could be the end of Yahoo mail access on Zimbra... or, this may have nothing to do with that and may just be a technical issue. But without any word from Zimbra, we will never know. Is it so difficult for them to comment? Very frustrating.

Guys, I really don't think it is YahoO! that is at fault here. I have IMAP set up on Outlook 2007, Outlook Express (vintage 2004), Windows Live Mail, Evolution and Opera Mail. All of those are working normally. I purposely deleted and recreated an account on a workstation this morning using Opera Mail and Outlook 2010 both of which continue to operate flawlessly. A couple of days ago YahoO! sent out notifications to switch security settings to SSL/TLS. I did that to all the workstations which have my YahoO! acounts on them and saw no change in functionality for any of the clients except Zimbra which leads me to believe that Zimbra is not handling the security layers too well. That's just my observation though.... but, who am I?

Has anyone else tried a different mail client?

----------OR----------

You can go to the YahoO! mail options page and click on the SSL link in the lower left pane and uncheck the "Make your Yahoo! Mail more secure with SSL (i.e. preventing others from accessing your account at Internet cafes)" setting and try your settings without SSL/TLS.

YahoO! SSL.bmp
    Last edited by unclebobo; 10-10-2013 at 06:49 PM.

To get Yahoo IMAP to work are you using a separate IMAP Proxy? Do those clients work with Yahoo IMAP without any proxy? Are you doing it without using Yahoo Plus? What settings do you use?

The answers to your questions are:
    No Proxies.
    The clients work "out of the box". No extras needed.
    No YahoO! Plus
    Here are the exact settings that I am using: Helpcentral Help | - SLN4075 - IMAP settings for Yahoo Mail

Hope this helps.

For me everything is working normal since today morning.

My.Yahoo page came up this morning in its new format and Zimbra DT started synching all my Yahoo accounts. It would appear that the new My.Yahoo was giving Zimbra DT a problem, but all is well now in email land.