Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dear Zimbra

Default Dear Zimbra

Dear Zimbra,

I don't know if this post will be removed...deleted...or if you'll actually listen.

I am a loyal customer of yours who pays you over 90k per year. I've tried to raise my concerns to my account rep...but no one seems to listen. I'm also a loyal member of this forum.

I love Zimbra, and I think it's a great product...but since the Yahoo deal, you guys have been slipping. You guys are massively behind the ball, and your not catching up.

Take 5.0.5 for example. It doesn't even display HTML mails properly. No way to down grade...(5.0.2 was fine).

The Outlook Connector seems to crash all the time. I contact support, and all I get (after waiting for 10 days) is a link to a wiki article. "Please see the following article...". Support is only getting worse with time. ugh.

Still no read receipts. According to your own pm.zimbra.com it's the most requested feature with 228 votes, and was FILED TWO YEARS AGO!!!

You slip in this Yahoo Search bar thing into Zimbra. Why? Does it make you money? If so, why'd you put it in the Network Edition as well? Do you not realize that my boss see's that?? You know what he wants to do now? Yep. He wants us to ditch Zimbra.

Still no tasks support for Windows Mobile or iCal. Very very sad. Guess what: That was filed TWO YEARS AGO as well!

Glad you finally decided to support Leopard. Thanks...I guess. Still no build for paying customers.

Also, what's up with you guys keeping silent on the Microsoft thing. I don't want to mention it too much cuz mmorse will move it , or phoenix will be rude to me (again). Please say something about this deal. Reassure us. Please.

iSync sucks. Yep, it does. Fix it, or ditch it. QUIT SHIPPING BROKEN PRODUCTS! Take your time, and fix them.

I know your team works hard. We also know you have deadlines....but come on. You're letting these horrible bad bugs that affect end users, slip into your product. I know many members of your forum would love to get pre-release builds to help you test...yet you dont. The end users are the ones who pressure me. They're my bosses.

You do make head way. BlackBerry is awesome! It's buggy too, but alee does a great job here in the forums. I haven't asked him a question yet, but I see others ask, and he answers right away. Same thing with Zimbra Desktop. Just kill the friggin search bar guys!!! PLEASE!!! Oh, and don't even think about dumping Yahoo's browser bar on me. It seems Yahoo tries to put that in everything. If you do, we're gone. You're fighting for survival in our place. Don't let us down.

Like I said, your team works hard. All I ask is that you go where the customer wants you to go. You did it in the beginning, and now you're straying.

If you keep down this road, your customers will begin to not like your product...and once that happens, it's over. We (your customers) talk to each other. We also talk to non-customers. There is nothing more damaging to a company than a bad review from a few customers. I'm not going to tell you who I am because it doesn't matter. I've told you before through my account rep. Now, I'm hoping that my posting, it will get more attention.

oh, and moderators: Please don't give me links to bugs. Like I said, I'm a loyal member of the forums. I know the bugs, and yes I've voted, and yes I know they're on the plate. Save it.

I'm just being honest guys. You can do better. We know you can.

-Your friends

Thanks for the feedback,
    Quote Originally Posted by dandemouser View Post
    Just kill the friggin search bar guys!!!
    zmprov mc COSname zimbraFeatureWebSearchEnabled FALSE

I know the bugs, and yes I've voted, and yes I know they're on the plate.
    Sorry in advance for the links; but just to make sure nothing slips through the cracks, and so others know where they are to go vote or track I'll link to some topics anyway. (Be sure you've added tagged support tickets as well so we can track NE customer desires.)

doesn't even display HTML mails properly
    Assuming that's a reference to:
    Bug 27033 - HTML mails render as plain text intermittently
    Bug 26432 - When Searching, first result is always displayed as text and not rich text

I don't know if this post will be removed...deleted...or if you'll actually listen.
    I hope you don't think we censor, not the case at anytime - period. And we do try to read everything - it's a constantly growing community which makes for a lot of posts.

Still no read receipts.
    Bug 7257 - Support read receipts and delivery reports in webmail
    Bug 12852 - Track and show status of email

Like I said, your team works hard. All I ask is that you go where the customer wants you to go. You did it in the beginning, and now you're straying.
    Everyone has the one feature they'd love to see implemented - we try our best to fit as many as possible into each release! Open Source Product Management: How do features get into Zimbra?

tasks support for Windows Mobile or iCal
    Bug 11685 - Sync tasks for ZimbraMobile
    Bug 12917 - Sync To Do/Tasks items in Leopard
    Bug 25796 - Tasks created by CalDAV client in Calendar folder are not visible in web client
    iSync sucks.
    Some of the calendaring issues are Apple sync services bugs - while we are constantly working through them we are also making a greater push for CalDav implementations: /blog/archives/2008/03/caldav_leopard_goodness_1.html

Also, what's up with you guys keeping silent on the Microsoft thing.
    Trust me we are in no way ignoring the comments in your posts on that topic. Please don't take our non-responses the wrong way, we just have to respectfully ask that you direct comments on the situation itself to Yahoo! public relations. While things like that can be distractions for product, developer, & support teams - we continue to forge ahead & kick ass in innovation. The more people direct energy to helping out other members the better - getting people answers makes both the product & community grow.

Glad you finally decided to support Leopard. Thanks...I guess. Still no build for paying customers.
    Bug 21441 - Requesting Apple-Server (10.5, leopard) support for ZCS (Available in FOSS with 5.0.5 & an NE build is coming shortly.)

BlackBerry is awesome!
    Glad you like it! Zimbra is actually the fourth company ever to support native BES integration (IBM, Microsoft, & Novell) and the only open source platform to do it.

We always value your input in making Zimbra the best, and are committed to making all of you successful in choosing Zimbra - no matter what version you use. Thanks for taking the time to post your gripes.

Great response Mike

Bug 26432 - When Searching, first result is always displayed as text and not rich text was reported against 5.0.4. Is 27033 really worse under 5.0.5, or is it just getting noticed more? It's not the kind of thing you'd necessarily always notice. I've never had it reported at my site. We had about 3000 users on 5.0.1 and 5.0.4 within a couple days of release.

There are a lot of fixes in 5.0.5 important to us -- 25497, 21148, 21204, 26428, 26114, 26627, 25229, 26622, 11384, 25637, 26203, 21390.

Please don't give me links to bugs....
    As a loyal zimbra user coming to the defense to the thread starter. He did mention NO LINKS..but the reply is full of BUG LINKS
    i2k2 Networks
    Dedicated & Shared Zimbra Hosting Provider

I linked among my comments because others out there might have the same desires & might want to know where they can go add their tagged support tickets, votes, voices, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by mmorse View Post
    Thanks for the feedback,
    Sorry in advance for the links; but just to make sure nothing slips through the cracks, and so others know where they are to go vote or track I'll link to some topics anyway. (Be sure you've added tagged support tickets as well so we can track NE customer desires.)

Hi,
    Thanks for your comments, and criticism. While I wish I could say that Zimbra were infallible, we're not. We're a company, and we make decisions based upon many factors. Sometimes we make a choice that we know will upset people, and we don't take those lightly.

Do we always make perfect choices, nope. We're an evolving company. Since we're growing, it's only natural that because we reach more people, more people will point out our flaws.

Besides having kick ass products, what sets us apart from others is our bugzilla, pmweb, and forums. While I'm sure that the larger companies would rather you keep quiet, I would rather you speak up. That's what a community is all about: The idea that the user can actually make a difference.

We will never please everyone 100%, no matter how much we try. What we can do is just try to keep focused on what we're good at.

So, keep the comments coming. That's the only way we can become better.

-john

Quote Originally Posted by jholder View Post
    We're a company, and we make decisions based upon many factors. Sometimes we make a choice that we know will upset people, and we don't take those lightly.
    Then with all due respect you are making the wrong choice, if you make decisions based on company policy (web search bar for example) over your customers desires then you are making a mistake.

Do you honestly believe any of your NE customers actually want that turned on by default? Does it have anything at all to do with the package we brought? I agree with the OP the more yahoo branded crap that gets into Zimbra that I have to go around turning off the quicker I will stop paying and move to a competitor.

You are forgetting some of the reasons people moved to you in the first place.

I also share support concerns with the OP, support can be very good in regards to certain critical aspects like a system down event even though time zones issues really really pisses me off, ie in my business hours no support can be had. However when it comes to minor support issues ie bugs that are very visual to users and pisses people off I get no joy.

Some times your told it doesn't exist even when many many people report it, and then when it is acknowledged it becomes a bug and sits in limbo.

There are a number of things that have been bugs for 2 years now that I am still waiting on to resolve issues. (yes all voted for, but how do you see NE votes over others?).

Have you ever looked at the mess multiple upgrades makes?? ie from say 4.0.0 to 5.0.0 doing every upgrade in between? Check out the attachment.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Must say that I agree with most of what is said about the bugs situation.

It amazes me that a feature like message tracking goes to a triage meeting, but what I see in upgrading to v5 is briefcase and IM. Granted, IM I think will be very nice and yes Tasks will finally taken off the wishlist, but I would much rather have seen the long overdue message tracking...

BTW... I Still don't understand moving the close button... confusing...

But, before I close this post... I want to take a moment not to gloss over all the work and that great things that Zimbra is now and promises to be in the future. You all deserve a standing ovation for your work.

-Cheers, Peter.

Quote Originally Posted by mmorse View Post
    Bug 7257 - Support read receipts and delivery reports in webmail
    Bug 12852 - Track and show status of email

Everyone has the one feature they'd love to see implemented - we try our best to fit as many as possible into each release!
    I know that bugs with paying customers nagging about them have higher priority. I believe I am correct in assuming that when a paying customer tells support about this, support adds them to the bug ticket as a support case. I only see one support case attached to the first bug there, 7257. (which may belong to dandemouser I don't know)

As a NE customer, if there is a bug that my company really wants fixed, I tell support and they add that information to the bug, and it gets a higher priority, yes? If so... anyone who really wants those read receipts (I don't) should contact support and tell them.