Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ubuntu 7.04 (Feisty) Package

Hybrid View

Default Ubuntu 7.04 (Feisty) Package

Hello All,

I've built the most recent svn checkout on Ubuntu Feisty and it works as expected when compiled against Novell Evolution 2.10.

You can grab the source and binary packages on my blog post at http://www.nishra.com/2007/05/zimbra...novell_ev.html

OR

* Evolution Zimbra Connection (deb) - download this!
    Last edited by esoleyman; 05-16-2007 at 10:26 AM.

Esloyman,
    Would you be willing to upload that into our new Zimbra Gallery?

See the announcements forum on how.

jh

Quote Originally Posted by jholder View Post
    Esloyman,
    Would you be willing to upload that into our new Zimbra Gallery?

See the announcements forum on how.

jh
    Jholder,

I'd be happy to upload that into the Zimbra gallery. I've run into a few bugs while using the plugin and was wondering if you want them filed into bugzilla and/or listed in this thread?

please do file any bugs you find in bugzilla. Make sure to include as much detail as possible, including server version, evo version, client os version, server version, etc
    Sam Khavari

:: :: [ Zimbra ] :: :: [ Bugzilla ] :: :: [ Product Portal ] :: :: [ Wiki ] :: :: [ Downloads ] :: :: [ . ] ::

Quote Originally Posted by esoleyman View Post
    Hello All,
    I've built the most recent svn checkout on Ubuntu Feisty and it works as expected when compiled against Novell Evolution 2.10.
    I've tried to compile your source code under Ubuntu 7.04 (Feisty) AMD64 but I have a problem when configure runs.

It doesn't found libedataserverui-1.2, but it's installed. ¿?
    ---
    checking for EDS_UI... configure: error: Package requirements (libedataserverui-1.2 libglade-2.0 libgnomeui-2.0
    ---

Removing this line from configure.ac does solve the problem, but of course, it fails in make.

Have you compiled for AMD64?

Thanks!

I just went through compiling this on Feisty AMD64 the other day so I'll see if I can help. What you really need is libdataserverui-dev (along with a lot of other dev packages). I just kept running the config and adding required packages as they came (adding -dev), but eventually I got it running.

Quote Originally Posted by jpcaldwell View Post
    I just went through compiling this on Feisty AMD64 the other day so I'll see if I can help. What you really need is libdataserverui-dev (along with a lot of other dev packages). I just kept running the config and adding required packages as they came (adding -dev), but eventually I got it running.
    Great
    I will test it ASAP.

Quote Originally Posted by jpcaldwell View Post
    Everything now compiles and install. However, starting Evo finish with an immediate core dump. I had to delete all zimbra files but libcom-zimbra.so (installation by defaults put files .eplug, .a and .la in same folder).

OK, it works for email right now... but... what about calendar / contacts?? Using SOAP for accesing mail is not very useful if you have IMAP access... ¿?

Well, after some testing, without eplug file there is no calendar, but with eplug file evolution is broken...
    Last edited by inigoml; 05-08-2007 at 01:47 PM.

Default New Evolution Connector Packages! Fixes Authentication Problem

Hi everyone,

I had a chance today to debug the connector and find out why the authentication problem is occurring. I found the answer I was looking for and created a patch against the codebase. I have also created a new package that will work for everyone as I have first tested it on my own desktop.

Please download the new Ubuntu Feisty 7.04 package.

Thanks.. seems to work great.

Can I suggest that you point the link in the first post to the latest version? It points to a page on your site that seems to have a dead deb link..

Keith