Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Connector for Evolution Win32

Default Connector for Evolution Win32

Has anyone gotten anywhere with Evolution for Windows? It is a 2.8.2 version, which has the potential of working. I exported the connector source from svn and after adding a few cygwin packages bootstrap does start to run, but it blows up in config because of course I don't have the development libraries.

Default Connector for Evolution Win32

Hello

We would have a dependency to have the zimbra connector for Evolution on Windows (http://shellter.sourceforge.net/evolution/). I'm currently on trying to cross compile it for windows but its a very hard job. If somebody ev. could help me through this process would very help.

Thanks

Roland Kaeser
    Last edited by phoenix; 05-02-2007 at 07:24 AM. Reason: fix url

Default bump

Why is this topic being ignored in multiple threads?

Not sure it's being ignored. Ignoring would mean that we willfully didn't respond.

What's your issue? Do you need help compiling?

you could have responded but you did not, isn't that the same? anyway I am not trying to pick a fight, but I was looking for info on how to compile evolution connector for windows and after seeing at least 2 threads that were never answered by anyone I am left wondering... Is it possible? have you done it? is there a how-to or a faq, if not can you make one? Or is the official stance that we are on our on on this matter?

I am aware that it possibly just does not compile on Windows without major dev work which I am not capable of and I do not wish to waste my time trying if this is the case.

Thanks

Default Cross Compile

Quote Originally Posted by bwcook0 View Post
    you could have responded but you did not, isn't that the same? anyway I am not trying to pick a fight, but I was looking for info on how to compile evolution connector for windows and after seeing at least 2 threads that were never answered by anyone I am left wondering... Is it possible? have you done it? is there a how-to or a faq, if not can you make one? Or is the official stance that we are on our on on this matter?

I am aware that it possibly just does not compile on Windows without major dev work which I am not capable of and I do not wish to waste my time trying if this is the case.

Thanks

Hello

I also tried it with Cross Compile on Linux linking against the win32 port of Evolution from shellter (Evolution on Win32). I could compile nearly all required dlls and exe files, but I only could get a lot of memory leaks and crash dumps on windows.

I THINK THE ZIMBRA PEOPLE DOESN'T WAN'T A WINDOWS PORT! Because they wan't make their money by selling their network edition with the outlook connector.

We currently evaluating the Domino 8 / Notes as replacement for the currently installed zimbra because they sell only 25 Users Licenses and we are only about 8 people.

Default Evolution Connector for Windows

To Zimbra: So, now is it safe to say we are being ignored?

To Roli and everyone else:
    Please post details of your cross compile attempts and errors / results. Maybe someone else will have a good idea, or someone smart will happen by and offer some advice. Also if you post how you attempted to cross compile I will give it a go and
    maybe I will have different results.

BC

Default No more avialable

I formatted my evolution cross build environment while the last installation of my Linux desktop. (Old harddisk was crashed). So, no infos about the cross compile is avialable. If there are some other people which are seriously intrested in a evolution cross compile of the zimbra connector I will try to recreate my build environment.

Roland Kaeser

Default evolution windows connector

Did you have a full build environment setup to build Evo on Windows?
    I may try that. There is helpful info on the Evo Wiki here

Building Evolution on Windows - Evolution

It seems like creating a successful Evo build environment would take you a long way towards having a connector build env... Just wondering.

Default evo windows connector

Anyone have any luck?