Thread: Toaster at startup?

Default Toaster at startup?

Hello, I just installed a Zimbra server and I have 15 Win XPP workstations accessing it via the web interface. They love it. They need new mail notification so I installed the Toaster application. I can put their login credentials into the preferences and it loads in the system tray and works fine. The issue I have is how do I get the toaster to run when automatically when they login? They have to open the toaster app which then presents them with the configuration screen and then close that screen to get it to load in the system tray. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for your help!

You're not doing anything wrong - that's RFE 12733 - Automatically minimize toaster on start up

You can put a shortcut to the toaster in their startup folder, though they will still be prompted to press OK each time (it'll show them the preferences page).

What might work -this doesn't work for everyone- is to go to properties on the shortcut > run in minimized window at startup. Reboot their systems, test that it starts minimized, then send them an email. If it doesn't pop up after the specified time change the 'minimized run' back to 'normal window' an reboot. (You can get it temp working by right click > settings > ok but they wont remember to do that each time.)

If they are on laptops they might see Bug 14190 - Unhelpful error message while connection status changes a bunch...

Other things you might like-
    FF:
    http://www.zimbra.com/forums/users/10989-zimbra-toolbar.html
    ZimbraCheck Firefox Extension
    Windows:
    IMAP Notify
    Habitech

I've done some testing on this here and if you run toaster from the startup folder minimised it does not check for new mail. It only seems to work after clicking OK. In addition the Register Mailto option gets reset so that has to be clicked each time you start the PC.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Scholes View Post
    I've done some testing on this here and if you run toaster from the startup folder minimised it does not check for new mail. It only seems to work after clicking OK. In addition the Register Mailto option gets reset so that has to be clicked each time you start the PC.
    Same for us....Any ideas?