Thread: Initial Setup, POP3 Adding Fails system failure: EOF on socket Message

Default Initial Setup, POP3 Adding Fails system failure: EOF on socket Message

When adding email account, like POP, I get the following error system failure: EOF on socket

I am sure I am adding it correctly, I have done 100's through outlook and its all the same features and questions..

I am using windows xp x64 fully updated and the program was saved in the 32 bit programs directory to run like windows xp sp2..

I can add google account no problem..

The only thing I can think of is that my server is set to also work on port 26, so when adding port 26 in the box, I hit save and it goes back to port 25 giving me the error at top and stays on the same screen..

Dunno what could be wrong.. I click on ssl and it changes it to 995 and at least lets me add the account but still does not work...

Thank You
    Last edited by jlovrek; 03-17-2008 at 10:29 PM.

You'll need to first click on the "Edit" link in order to change port number.

Quote Originally Posted by jjzhuang View Post
    You'll need to first click on the "Edit" link in order to change port number.
    I understand that.. It will allow me to change it, but once I save, it gives me EOF error and goes back to 25... ok, after messing with it a while, I finally got it to save the port 26, but error still happens.. I can make it ssl and it changes pop port from 110 to 995 and allows me to finally save without the EOF error but will not send.. It stays in outbox

In the version you have, we actually didn't verify SMTP settings at account creation time. This is a bug that has since been fixed. It could be that you are really having a communication error with your SMTP server. First of all, can you at least telnet to port 25 or 26 of your SMTP server?

In the version you have, we actually didn't verify SMTP settings at account creation time. This is a bug that has since been fixed. It could be that you are really having a communication error with your SMTP server. First of all, can you at least telnet to port 25 or 26 of your SMTP server?
    Yes, I telenet fine to both.. I have your latest version just downloaded.. Is there a way to get a more updated copy? The reason I am wanting to use your software so bad is because I use Office 2007 now and I have over 15 mail accounts on it and it is really slow with all its extras and receiving.. I heard your mail client is way faster at this and loading larger mail accounts.. I want to test it.. If this is the case, I am willing to pay for it...

We have not released an update so the version you have is the latest release. We plan to release the next update around end of March. The software is free. Thanks!

We have not released an update so the version you have is the latest release. We plan to release the next update around end of March. The software is free. Thanks!
    So for now, the Windows XP desktop version using POP3 is out of the question, correct?

We have folks who are using POP and they do work. Here's what I suggest. Wait for the next version since it has quite a few POP/IMAP related fixes. Try that. If you still run into problems, I'll help you debug it. Thanks!