Thread: Importing .CSV files

Hybrid View

Default Importing .CSV files

I just installed Zimbra Desktop to give it a try, but I can't get Zimbra to import my Outlook data file. I use Outlook 2002 and if my brief look is correct, Zimbra doesn't work with a .csv files from 2002? That doesn't make sense to me. Isn't a CSV file a generic format? I haven't upgrade to Outlook 2003 or later because I have been looking for an alternative. Zimbra looks pretty interesting, however if it can't make the transition VERY easy, why would I change.

And for want it's worth, (about as much as you paid) this is a fundamental marketing mistake I've seen many Outlook replacements make...the transition of all Outlook data to the new software must be painless for non-technical people! As an example, why wouldn't the new software have every contact field available in Outlook? If I have the data I want to keep the data! And there should be conduits for coverting data from every major alternative to Zimbra!

Welcome to the forums

I am sorry you are having issues, but do remember it is still in beta. Perhaps you could help everybody out by opening a RFE at Bugzilla Main Page

This way everyone would benefit.

Welcome to the forums,
    It sounds like you're hitting Bug 25099 - missing config file error when importing an address book (thought you haven't provided an error message)

Default Error message

Mike,
    I apologize for not including this before.

missing config file C:\zimbra\zdesktop/conf/zimbra-contact-fields.xml

At this point I have received several messages from bugzilla which seem to report the issue is resolved/fixed, although I have difficulty understanding the content of the messages. My question is how do I update my version of Zimbra. Do I wait for a new build? Does Zimbra automatically update?

Brad

We plan to release the next version next week. The version you are running doesn't have auto-update feature, but the next version will. Thanks!

Perfect...Thanks!