Thread: How to view all email in one view?

Hybrid View

Default How to view all email in one view?

I'm new to Zimbra. I have four email accounts set up. Each has its own Inbox, Sent, etc.

In Outlook, I could just have everything in one Inbox. Is that sort of view possible in Zimbra (either Desktop or the Web client)?

Thanks!

bump, I would like to see that feature also

Not in its current incarnation. Please file a feature request in bugzilla and vote on this if it's important to you. This way our PM can prioritize. Thanks!

Default I should post this on Bugzilla?

I'm an end user. I have no time to post something on bugzilla.

If you're going to move past your early adopter base, it would make sense for you to post end user feature suggestions yourself.

I do know the lack of this feature is a show-stopper for using this at my organization.

Of course we continuously look for ways to improve everything, & do post plenty of our own enhancement ideas - bugzilla is full of em!
    As a plus to filing:
    A) You're better able to keep track so you know when the feature is implemented.
    B) If the developers have a question in regards to your concept or issue they can easily get a hold of the originator.

Welcome to the forums though real! Just to orient you a bit:

Bugs & RFE's (requests for enhancements) can be filed/voted for in Bugzilla & tracked (see priorities & what release their going into) via PMweb.

The blog lots of good articles - a good one to checkout is: Open Source Product Management: How do features get into Zimbra?

Last but definitely not least - the Wiki has all sorts of collective knowledge in it

Quote Originally Posted by real View Post
    Is that sort of view possible in Zimbra (either Desktop or the Web client)?
    In the web-client you can add an external POP3 account and select the inbox as the location to save them (for external IMAP we create a new folder).

Setting up automatic retrieval takes a little more work right now, but here is the CLI method if you want it scotttkd:
    su - zimbra
    zmprov mds user@domain.com [Data source external IMAP/POP account name] zimbraDataSourcePollingInterval 900s
    [/quote]zimbraDataSourceMinPollingInterval is usually 60s or 1m or 2m & zimbraFeatureMailPollingIntervalPreferenceEnabled should be set to TRUE

To cancel polling, set the attribute value to an empty string ("") or 0. Keep in mind that zimbraDataSourcePollingInterval gets inherited from the COS to the account to the data source. If a child object sets the value to "", it inherits the parent's value - if set to 0, it's turned off.

To expose that for the end user (real) vote for: Bug 22114 - Expose external account polling interval in UI

Thumbs up Email One View

I will post this to bugzilla and so will everyone in my firm. This is the only thing that is keeping us from dumping Outlook forever

Anyone who needs this feature should refer to Bug 26629 on Bugzilla Main Page
    Last edited by panopticon; 04-02-2008 at 12:10 PM.

Welcome to the forums panopticon,
    Cool - be sure to post a link back here so others in this thread can find it easily, vote, & CC themselves on it as desired.

Default Bug 26629