Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Install ZCS 5 done - desktop client doesn't connect?

So are you trying to setup two accounts, one POP and one Zimbra account? Are you saying you can successfully setup a POP account but not a Zimbra account? By now I'm confused as well. Please be more specific of your problem. Thanks!

I set up a POP account in Zimbra desktop to connect to my outside ISP. This process works OK. I can get and send mail same as any other PHP mail program you would run. BUT when I try to set desktop up to get mail from the ZIMBRA ZCS server by going into setup to add a SECOND mail collection point, which I want to be the ZCS server, I try to use the Zimbra Server Account button and set up my email name, password ands Zimbra server THATS when I get the error. So Yes I want two accounts (shouldn't the desktop be able to collect mail from multiple places - i.e. many POP3 accounts and a ZAimbra server?) one account is an outside email account and the other is a test account on the Zimbra server.

Yes absolutely. In fact in my own setup I have 7 accounts, of which 3 are zimbra, 3 IMAP and 1 POP.

Now for your ZCS account connection, is ZCS server on port 80? Can you telnet to that? Can you use a browser to directly connect to ZCS web UI from the same box where you setup your zdesktop? Thanks!

(Merged the threads on this for clarity)

In the Zimbra account page it is set to port 80. I can not telnet nor does a browser connect me to the port 80 website on the desktop machine.

Well, isn't that the obvious reason then? You simply can't reach ZCS at the time of provisioning. It is required that you can reach the server by network at the time of account setup, since otherwise we wouldn't be able to verify your account information and start initial data sync. Do you expect something different?