Thread: Why is reply in a new window so god auwfull slow ?

Default Why is reply in a new window so god auwfull slow ?

So I am what you would call an outlook junky, but at the same time I server as CIO for a start up so I am poor. Buying office, and the needed zimbra license for the connector is not an option, so we are looking for something decent as a replacement for outlook + connector.

Zimbra desktop is an amazing product, almost exactly what I want minus one very important thing. composing a new message or replying to a message in a new window is painfully slow. I am talking like 3 - 5 seconds. While I tollerate this at home, when I am at work this lag is a killer for the product.

Is there any way I can make replying or composing a new message in a new window any faster ? I am running the latest Zimbra Desktop on decent HW. I get this lag on my home PC (ubuntu), my laptop (osx), and my work computer (vista pro).

I think this thread can answer your query.

Current load time is around 4 seconds, but that is even too slow compared to the Yahoo web client. Hope that gets fixed in the next version.

Perhaps it's not a bug since it's dependent of a direct connection in order to open a separate compose window. I'm off of a wifi router at home.

The new window in the Desktop client really shouldn't have anything to do with the network connection since it's supposed to be an offline client.. It's just a browser that connects to a local web server, really.. It appears the part that takes the longest is launching the new prism window. I use Firefox to connecto the local Zimbra Desktop server and it seems to be a little faster doing it that way.

file a bug please.