Thread: Help With Zimbra Desktop

Hybrid View

Default Help With Zimbra Desktop

Hello,
    I am using Zimbra through homestead.com but having trouble with being able to view my folders and other problems.
    So I decided to try Zimbra desktop and see if I could integrate my other account at homestead somehow.
    So far all is ok except when I enter the zimbra server I put Zimbra and it won't take it.
    Any help is appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Rivkah

Welcome to the forums,
    Try just mail7.homesteadmail.com without the http://
    That that looks like a 4.5.x box, in the advanced AJAX web-client (not ZDesktop) enter this in the main search bar:
    $set:get version

Quote Originally Posted by rivkahcohen View Post
    Also I am now having trouble responding to messages from my desktop Zimbra.
    Examine your C:\zimbra\zdesktop\log\mailbox.log for reasons & post some snips.

I received an email that I could download Zimbra Collaboration Suite version 5.0.6. Is this an option that will fix this?
    Nope - sounds like your talking about our newsletter - not much you can do if your not the admin of your server/using an HSP but it does let you know about new features etc.

I can minimize the toolbars and still get the same results.
    To give you some more space to to options tab > calendar tab > uncheck 'Always show the mini-calendar'.

Try different skins (side vs top layout) if any are available to you in options, though it looks like steel/bare/vanilla (side) will give you the most space in the rest of the mail area.

Looks like you're on an 800x600 screen (or less), which we strive to support (Bug 23449 - Support for 800x600 Screen Resolution on Web Client) but 1024x768 is the intended minimum for the Advanced AJAX web-client.

Alternatively you could use the Standard/Basic/Lite HTML client: mail7.homesteadmail.com/h/ (trailing / is needed)

Alas not everything is available in the lite client, though we do strive to include more - you may not have things like calendaring until Homestead upgrades your server version to 5.0.x: /blog/archives/2007/08/zimbra-standard-client.html

I downloaded the desktop version for this reason that is why I am asking if I should install the version sent by support.
    Are you saying you opened a ticket with Zimbra support? If so we'll redirect to Homestead's support but if you have accidentally opened one with us what's the ticket #? Are you using zdesktop_0_84_build_1119_win32.exe?

Quote Originally Posted by mmorse View Post
    In the advanced AJAX web-client (not ZDesktop) enter this in the main search bar:
    $set:get version
    Reason I'm still asking is because while the ZDesktop is backwards compatible, we really aim/test the current version against 5.0.x builds, and it would be good to know what 4.5.x version you're using in matching up errors.

I am using Zimbra through homestead.com but having trouble with being able to view my folders and other problems.
    Have you contacted homestead about this?

Default Thanks for help with Zimbra Desktop

I did enter mail7.homesteadmail.com and that worked. Thanks so much. I am grateful.
    I did check the homestead forums and did find a pdf file I have saved for future reference as well.
    Shalom
    Rivkah

Ok, could you also tell us more about this 'not viewing folders & provide a screenshot etc?
    -Also would be good to know your ZCS version that I mentioned before.

Default Screen Shot: Zimbra folder problems and desktop issu;es

Hello,
    I have attached a file of the screenshot from my Zimbra at homestead.
    Also I am now having trouble responding to messages from my desktop Zimbra.
    I received an email that I could download Zimbra Collaboration Suite version 5.0.6. Is this an option that will fix this?
    Thanks,
    Rivkah
    Attached Images Attached Images

From that screenshot, it looks like your window is too small. There's too much information to try and cram in that little box. Try expanding your browser window, or removing some of those toolbars. If you're having trouble clicking on the folders, (it looks like you can't) when you increase the size everything should spread out.

If you're using a hosted service, then no you cannot upgrade to 5.0.6. That is the server version, not the Zimbra Desktop version.

Default Zimbra

I can minimize the toolbars and still get the same results. I downloaded the desktop version for this reason that is why I am asking if I should install the version sent by support.
    Thanks
    Rivkah