Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Default sending account

Hybrid View

Default Default sending account

Having a problem with my new zimbra setup. Whenever I reply to a message, the "Account" field has two options: the first has the name of my main (and only) account but no email address after it, and the second says Primary Account and is followed by the correct email address.

If I don't manually choose the Primary Account every time, the send fails and comes back with a null sender error. I only have once account so I don't know why I have two options at all, and further, why only one of them works, and why the broken one is the default selection.

Thanks for any help!!

Chris

what kind of account is this? a zimbra account or a pop/imap account?

which zdesktop version is this? thanks!

Pop account. I have since removed it and tried this with IMAP, which does not show the same behavior. I don't have an account chooser box when sending a message (which I think is correct, as there is only one account). How do I find the version of zdesktop? Don't see it anywhere. I believe it said .84 when I installed it yesterday.

I just put in another pop account to test this again, and this one shows the correct Default when I send a message, but again, there are two choices even though there is only one account. One says Primary Account and lists my email address, the other is named after the account descrpition I typed in when creating it and shows no email address.

Thanks,
    Chris

I believe the pop account issue is a bug then. Could you please file a bug and we'll take a look? Thanks for reporting this.

I have had this exact same problem since first using Zimbra desktop about a month ago. I've only just got round to looking for a fix and I'm a little surprised that there isn't more comments from people on this one.

Have either of you filed a bug report for this yet? I didn't find one in my search, but thought i'd check. If you like I will report it as it certainly needs fixing for us POP3 users.

I didn't see a bug on this. Please open one with screenshot if possible. Thanks!

am I missing something? one of the things that annoys me most about zimbra is how I can't choose which account I am sending from from the compose-mail window...have I just not seen the button for it??

I'm using 2 different Yahoo Accounts. Here's what I've noticed:

I send from the secondary account, but all those emails are put in the Primary account's Sent folder. The Reply To is still the secondary though.

How do I make the emails sent from the secondary account actually send from that account?

Quote Originally Posted by Tylast View Post
    I'm using 2 different Yahoo Accounts. Here's what I've noticed:

I send from the secondary account, but all those emails are put in the Primary account's Sent folder. The Reply To is still the secondary though.

How do I make the emails sent from the secondary account actually send from that account?
    Did you set up two separate yahoo mailboxes in desktop? Or are you talking about two identities within the same mailbox?