Thread: Error messages

Default Error messages

I just installed ZD (1119) and configured a couple imap accounts. Although they seemed to be working (well, it tested ok, but it's actually not), there was a red ball with an ! in it that seemed to indicate an error, and in fact, mousing over it gives a tooltip that says "Status: error". Not exactly the most helpful message ever created... Actually, one of the most frustrating, and all too common, sorts of error messages, as there is no clue whatsoever as to what's wrong.
    Last edited by useopenid; 07-14-2008 at 07:48 PM.

Welcome to the forums,

Can you attach some snips from your mailbox.log?
    For instance if you're using windows it's drive:\zimbra\zdesktop\log\ or for mac/linux ~/zimbra/zdesktop by default.

Default Followup

(PS: It's annoying that vbulletin timed out my login while I was composing this...)

I ran tcpdump on the imap connection and found this:

A3 LIST "" "*"
    * LIST (\HasChildren) "/" "Public Folders/CyberAED/Routing Failures"
    * LIST (\HasNoChildren) "/" "Public Folders/CyberAED/Routing Failures/No From Address"
    A3 OK LIST completed.
    A4 STATUS "Public Folders/CyberAED/Routing Failures/No From Address" (UIDVALIDITY UIDNEXT)
    A4 NO No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it.
    A5 STATUS "Public Folders/CyberAED/Employees/xxx/Outbox" (UIDVALIDITY UIDNEXT)

The Exchange server this is talking to sends a TCP FIN in response to the A5 STATUS command thus dropping the connection.

I looked on the exchange server, and the folder in question is a write-only drop box, no idea why, but it's clearly causing a problem here, as I get no incoming mail at all, though I can send it. It shows in the local "Sent" folder, but does not get put on the imap server sent folder.

Could you give Beta 3 a whir & let me know if you're still having trouble so we can get a bug filed?

Default It now *thinks* it's working...

The red ball is now green, and says "online" with a current "last sync" timestamp. But it's not loading any messages or folders. Sending works...

0.90/1251

Default comparison with tbird

I ran tcpdump again, and saw the same thing happening with this version of zimbra, so compared with thunderbird (2.0.0.16): it didn't have the public folders subscribed, but when I added the problem folder, saw exchange dropping the connection the same way, but tbird just opened a new one and continued on... As much trouble as I've been having with it crashing, I'm surprised, but there it is ;-)