Thread: mailto: links in Beta3 ?

Hybrid View

Default mailto: links in Beta3 ?

I saw on the Zimbra Blog that Beta3 is supposed to support mailto: links now, and there is supposed to be a global preference to enable this feature. I've preformed the upgrade (on Linux), and everything else seems to work as expected.

But, I can't for the life of me find the checkbox in preferences or setup anywhere. Anyone know where it is tucked away?

Thanks!

--Matt

Welcome to the forums,

Preferences > Global > At the bottom "System Defaults: Use Zimbra Desktop as default mail application"

Quote Originally Posted by mmorse View Post
    Welcome to the forums,

Preferences > Global > At the bottom "System Defaults: Use Zimbra Desktop as default mail application"
    This isn't showing up for me... I have three "sections" under Global: Login Options, Searches, and Other. None of them have a section or option that starts with "System Defaults".

I'm confident I am actually running Beta3, as well, since I now have Tasks, Documents, and Breifcase in the menu.

Any thoughts on where to look next?

Thanks again,

--Matt

But I just noticed you said linux, this was a feature Mozilla added at our request for mac & windows:
    https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=434135
    Bug 29250 - offline: mailto handler

For others a trick that to get it to work after that (if it's not right away) is to restart the prism web-client, then a javascript trigger (when prism is running) & the url trigger (to launch prism when it's not) seem to take better effect after - we're not sure where the bug is in that yet, but there is a note about it filed in bugzilla.

Quote Originally Posted by mmorse View Post
    But I just noticed you said linux, this was a feature Mozilla added at our request for mac & windows:
    https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=434135
    Bug 29250 - offline: mailto handler

For others a trick that to get it to work after that (if it's not right away) is to restart the prism web-client, then a javascript trigger (when prism is running) & the url trigger (to launch prism when it's not) seem to take better effect after - we're not sure where the bug is in that yet, but there is a note about it filed in bugzilla.

Is there something I need to do to enable this, or are you saying the feature doesn't exist in the Linux version of Prism yet?

Thanks,
    --Matt

Sry for not being clear -the 'for others' part of my reply was aimed at mac & win users.