Thread: Is Zimbra a full offline Yahoo Mail client?

Default Is Zimbra a full offline Yahoo Mail client?

I use Yahoo Mail Plus for emailing and would like to use the Zimbra desktop client.

One feature I am wondering is if I can trigger the "additional account POP checking" that Yahoo Mail has configured so that my other POP accounts are downloaded into Yahoo Mail. I dont want to download those POP accounts into my local Zimbra desktop because if I need to use Yahoo Mail on a different machine then those messages will not be available.

I also want to be able to change the "send from" email like I can in Yahoo Mail Plus. Or when I reply to a message that the "send from" is automagically from the account it was received from.

I want messages that I send thru Zimbra to be available in the Sent folder in Yahoo Mail Plus.

I want the 30+ filters I have configured in Yahoo Mail plus to be available as well.

Can Zimbra do this for me? Basically I guess I want Yahoo Mail Plus offline client. Yahoo Mail Plus does everything I want except I cannot use it offline for searching messages, sending from specific accounts...etc.

Thanks,

- Ivo

we do sync sent folder. for everything else, please file an RFE. thanks!

Can you clarify this. I'm also interested in using Yahoo Mail offline. I have Yahoo business mail. I've actually been using Gmail recently because of the IMAP support, but I'd prefer to use Yahoo Mail if there was an option to fully sync with an offline client.

Does Zimbra Desktop currently only sync the inbox and outbox with Yahoo mail or does it sync all mail folders like IMAP is able to do? I've read various articles suggesting Zimbra provides IMAP-style syncing with Yahoo Mail which would suggest syncing with all folders. Is this the case or not?

Also, is there any calendar syncing between Zimbra Desktop and Yahoo Calendar?

Finally, are there any current options for syncing Zimbra Desktop to a Palm PDA? (NOT a Treo...)

Thanks!

we sync with all folders if users choose to.

contacts and calendar sync are coming, but not yet.

Default hey jjzhuang - help with yahoo imap

Hello - I'm searching around for a primer on Yahoo/Zimbra implementation of imap (e.g., with yahoo mail imap). We've been implementing an interface for our mobile client based on Zimbra's source.

Maybe if there isn't a good thread on this I will post my questions on a new thread....