Thread: howto import filters from thunderbird

Question howto import filters from thunderbird

hi,
    i request this mail be moved to an appropriate forum, if necessary, and i would like to know how i could get all the filters i have defined in my thunderbird into zdesktop. . i check lots and lots of mails every hour. and have defined more than 50 filters with varying complexities. redifining them all over again, is too painful a process. pl suggest. i could import contacts how about filters?

not a planned feature.

Default Zimbra Sucks Ass

Zimbra is a horrible Email Client. How about you guys take a page from google and make something useful that is compatible with anything.

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by BrokenJpg View Post
    Zimbra is a horrible Email Client.
    You could always try posting some constructive comments and help improve it or aren't you up to that?

Quote Originally Posted by BrokenJpg View Post
    How about you guys take a page from google and make something useful that is compatible with anything.
    Since when did google produce a client like Zimbra Desktop? I think you're missing the point here.

Still, at the end of the day you don't have to use Zimbra Desktop if you choose not to.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Default :(

Unfortunately the school that I go to says otherwise.

Default Zimbra Filters

To anyone who things Zimbra Desktop or Zimbra Server sucks....
    I've been using the latest versions of Zimbra for the last three months and it ROCKS. It's easy to use, free, customizable, and I can control the server 100%.
    Unlike other free services out there on the Internet, not naming any names, this one allows any person free access to email, calendar, tasks, contacts, and even has built in docs, instant messenger....and DID I SAY, FREE, and I CONTROL IT on my own server... not hosted by anyone but me...

So, if you have a comment, please make it, but think first, because some of us put hours into testing products like zimbra, many many more hours configuring and using the product, before we post any questions or replies....

ALSO, one good point about zimbra desktop....show me another free email client out there that allows me to install it on my computer or notebook that has built-in email support for pop3,smtp,imap for multiple accounts, built-in calendar, task manager, document manager, file manager, and instant messanger. (ya, some of these services are very basic, but we have to start somewhere). also a nice feature if its connected to the zimbra server is the ability to share folders with other co-workers, friends, or family...

PLEASE, ANYONE, let me know of another email client that is FREE and works as good as Zimbra Desktop 1x or 2x beta....

Microsoft Outlook is a great email client but costs money to purchase.
    Google is a great service also, and FREE, but you loose your privacy.

For any company who wants a free open source unified messaging solution, Zimbra is at the top of the list. And to be politically fair, please post other solutions that are FREE that work better than Zimbra...

My hat is off to Zimbra Team.. Good job! Keep up the good work....