Thread: [SOLVED] Query on Sync between Zimbra desktop / Yahoo servers

Default [SOLVED] Query on Sync between Zimbra desktop / Yahoo servers

I am slightly confused about how the syncing between Zimbra desktop and Yahoo server (web mail) works.

In particular, what will happen if

a) I drag and drop a few mails from inbox or any other folder to other folders in Zimbra desktop ? (Will they move accordingly in Yahoo web mail also ?)
    b) I drag and drop a few mails from inbox or any other folder to other folders in Yahoo web mail ? (Will they move accordingly in Zimbra desktop also ?)

If both the above are true, how does it avoid conflicts when movements happen in both Zimbra desktop and Yahoo web mail ?

c) What will happen if I create a new folder (at outermost level as I am aware of subfolders not getting sync'ed) in Zimbra desktop ? (Will it get created in Yahoo web mail also) ? And vice versa ?

true to both a) and b).

when there's conflict, changes made in zdesktop wins in general but with some exceptions. for flag changes (like \Unseen or \Flagged) we merge, and if a message is deleted on the server side that trumps local change of that message.

For c) it's not applicable to Ymail since ymail doesn't support subfolders. But c) will work with other services.