Thread: Norton AntiBot V 1.1.838

Default Norton AntiBot V 1.1.838

I wonder why Norton Antibot v 1.1.838 thinks Zdestop.exe is malware and removes it.
    This happens under under Windows XP but under Windows Vista.

Is there any reason why you suspect NAV is to blame? There is a known issue on windows that prism.exe can be deleted after reboot if an upgrade was run when the gui window was not closed.

See Bug 29806 – offline : Prism.exe missing while doule clicking zdesktop short cut from desktop

This bug has been closed as a duplicate because the cause of this is Bug 29796 – uninstaller can't shutdown prism process

If you are already in this situation, the only cure is to do a manual, clean uninstall first, and then reinstall zdesktop. Your data will not be lost if you follow the steps outlined in Yahoo! Zimbra Desktop - Zimbra :: Wiki

It is a NAB - Norton AntiBot problem- NAB says that it removing MALWare and the way to save the settings is to open NAB, open up control center and under the advance tab, restore Zimbra Desktop.
    The question remains - why does NAB conside Zimbra Desktop Malware?

We have confirmed that Zimbra Desktop is triggering NAB probably due to the log directory.

It does not remove it unless you tell it to quarantine, and appears to only affect NAB.

This is a false positive, and we're working to rectify the issue.

Zimbra Desktop is safe, and we have nothing to gain by putting malware in it.

I affects XP and Vista diffentialy. Vista I can restore and it works. XP has it own mind.
    Symantec has informed also.