Thread: how do i edit server settings?

Hybrid View

Unhappy how do i edit server settings?

hi all,
    am new to zimbra desktop. i set up an imap account and after it is successful, i don't see any way to edit all my server settings that i entered during setup. i.e., enable/disable ssl for a particular server etc? is this feature not given, or am i missing it?
    Last edited by balusss; 08-05-2008 at 04:24 AM.

At the top-right of the window there's an "Account Setup" or "Setup" button, depending upon which theme you use.

No. balusss is correct. Once you set up and saved an account using the manual entry windows for a new account, there is no way to even see what server settings that you have entered, let alone edit it. The only way to change the set up is to start over -- but you have to delete the saved one first if they have the same email address. I see this as a weakness in the Zimbra functionality. The user ought to be able to see the server settings and edit them.

Quote Originally Posted by William9 View Post
    No. balusss is correct. Once you set up and saved an account using the manual entry windows for a new account, there is no way to even see what server settings that you have entered, let alone edit it. The only way to change the set up is to start over -- but you have to delete the saved one first if they have the same email address. I see this as a weakness in the Zimbra functionality. The user ought to be able to see the server settings and edit them.
    Am I missing something here? You want to edit the server settings, correct? I click on Account Setup and a list of the accounts comes up. Then I click on one of my accounts and I can edit the settings for that account.. What do you mean by "manual entry windows"?

Quote Originally Posted by y@w View Post
    A click on Account Setup and a list of the accounts comes up. Then I click on one of my accounts and I can edit the settings for that account..
    is that [OS/VERSION/DIST] dependent? i don't see anything more than an 'editable' password and the minutes to check mail everytime... no server settings at all.

Hmm.. I guess the only difference is I only use the Gmail and Zimbra server types. The options must be different for a standard IMAP/POP account. There seem to be a lot of bugs that happen only in those types and not in the Ymail, Gmail, and Zimbra account types..

what account type (zimbra, yahoo, gmail, generic?) are you using and what server settings do you want to change?