Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Mail viewing options

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    88
    Rep Power
    7

    Default Mail viewing options

    Hi,

    I have following queries on viewing mails in Zimbra desktop.

    a) Default Zimbra view is to view as conversation. Is it possible to change this to view as Messages.

    b) I am unable to sort on From, Size, Folder columns. How can this be achieved ?

    c) While searching for mails, it only shows 100 items at a time (based on setting done where maximum allowed is 100). This is fine for default viewing of mails. But while searching mails, it may be preferable to show all mails found together irrespective of the number. Is this possible ?

  2. #2
    phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Vannes, France
    Posts
    23,587
    Rep Power
    58

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ezu View Post
    a) Default Zimbra view is to view as conversation. Is it possible to change this to view as Messages.
    Yes, look at the View button.

    Quote Originally Posted by ezu View Post
    b) I am unable to sort on From, Size, Folder columns. How can this be achieved ?
    No, that's what search is for.

    Quote Originally Posted by ezu View Post
    c) While searching for mails, it only shows 100 items at a time (based on setting done where maximum allowed is 100). This is fine for default viewing of mails. But while searching mails, it may be preferable to show all mails found together irrespective of the number. Is this possible ?
    You're not limited to 100 results as the total, you need to page through the results if there's more than 100 returned.
    Regards


    Bill


    Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    2
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ezu View Post
    a) Default Zimbra view is to view as conversation. Is it possible to change this to view as Messages.
    Yes, look at the View button.
    Every time you restart the program, the setting reverts to conversation view. Bug or feature?
    It would be nice to be able to save it as a permanent preference, in the Options menu for instance.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Baltimore
    Posts
    1,649
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    If you're wondering how to change the default view to be message for like everyone in a cos do

    Code:
    zmprov mc <cosname> zimbraPrefGroupMailBy message

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    6,242
    Rep Power
    21

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    6,242
    Rep Power
    21

    Default

    Re number of messages: To elaborate further, having a limit helps save memory/IO/CPU cycles, & reduces the strain of having to render them all in a browser (against a server it also reduces bandwidth) but of course there are certainly situations where you might not care or 100 doesn't begin to affect performance - thus there is an zimbraPrefMailItemsPerPage attribute which can actually go higher (though it doesn't add it to the user selectable drop down - it just applies it).
    You can vote for Bug 7411 - allow display of greater than 100 (or arbitrary number) items per page for consideration of easy user-settable higher than 100, though most just really want something like Bug 4175 - Permit the selection of all messages in a folder so you can take action on lots of mail items at one time, but implemented as a 'select all results'.

Similar Threads

  1. Problems with port 25
    By yogiman in forum Installation
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: 06-13-2011, 01:55 PM
  2. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-03-2011, 06:01 AM
  3. [SOLVED] Mailserver down when send file attach of 50Mb
    By ZMilton in forum Administrators
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 04-10-2008, 11:44 AM
  4. [SOLVED] Upgraded to 5.0 OSS - Sendmail Problem
    By Chewie71 in forum Installation
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-28-2007, 06:07 PM
  5. fresh install down may be due to tomcat
    By gon in forum Installation
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-25-2007, 08:09 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •