Thread: 2 Way Sync with Yahoo Web Services

Hybrid View

Default 2 Way Sync with Yahoo Web Services

Hello, I just downloaded Zimbra from my Yahoo account.
    As I was going thru the installation, I tought this software could give me the total 2 way syncronization with yahoo account.
    Unfortunately I found out that this could be used just as a "alternative" mail account. My question is, do developers have in mind to make Zimbra totally integrated with Yahoo's web services? As I was going thru other service providers, I found out Yahoo is the best pick for web services but, still, would get on top if this "stand alone platform" could have AUTOMATICALLY THE SAME INFORMATION that stands in yahoo servers.

Thanks again for the attention,

Marvin M.

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

I'll move this to the correct forum as I assume you're talking about Zimbra Desktop?
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Yes, you are right

Right now just mail syncs, we plan to expand that - you can vote for these RFE's:
    Bug 30249 - offline : RFE for Yahoo! services intergration
    Bug 23949 - yab sync

Great, can I post here the features that, in my personal opinion, a mail/messaging should have in order to have total sync with web services? I tell you this because I'm also tryin' different web services linked with other stand alone platforms and I noticed that no one has a totally 2 way sync..I'm also tryin' Yahoo! Autosync (for sync between Outlook and Yah's web s.) and this software has lot's of bugs too..

For me, Zimbra desktop should be able to autosync with Yahoo the same way Outlook does with the autosync plugin but avoiding the error in sync.

Does is also planned to develop a feature of sync zimbra desktop with PDA/mobile devices? because I do have a PDA (HP iPAQ) and the only way to have the calendar, contacts, notes online on Yahoo's is to activesync it with outlook that transfer to web service with a linking plugin.

Zimbra should be able to avoid all of that.

Regards,
    Marvin

zdesktop intends to provide two-way sync for not only mail but other data. however during the beta cycle users may find bugs and/or missing features in this area. the best way to help us to improve the quality our our product is to find issues and provide specific, detailed feedback.

in terms of device sync, zimbra online services already provide rich mobile sync features. zimbra online access is available at many ISPs, EDUs, and businesses. We do not have plans to support device sync over USB-dock because we believe that over-the-air sync for mobile devices is the future.

Quote Originally Posted by jjzhuang View Post
    in terms of device sync, zimbra online services already provide rich mobile sync features. zimbra online access is available at many ISPs, EDUs, and businesses. We do not have plans to support device sync over USB-dock because we believe that over-the-air sync for mobile devices is the future.
    Works very nicely with my WM6.1 Phone.

Well apart from tasks but still was impressed that I didn't even have to install any addational software or anything and push email still works (Migrated from hosted exchange)

Regarding the beta testing: when you think you'll be able to deliver a "quite stable" version that includes two way sync for data (with yahoo web services) ?

as soon as users like yourself tell us it's stable we are committed to deliver a quality product but will need a lot of help from beta testers.