Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mails moved in Zimbra desktop to folders do not appear in Yahoo web mail

Question Has this been fixed in the latest build.

Quote Originally Posted by jjzhuang View Post
    It's in the queue so you'll be notified.
    Is this fixed in the latest build ? I am waiting for the same very anxiously as Zimbra desktop has unintentionally led me into a crisis similar to one going on in US and globally right now by pulling many folders of mails from server to desktop and not putting it back to yahoo web server. (similar to loans being distributed and then being defaulted on :-) )

Default Not yet fixed ezu

No ezu - it is not yet fixed. I was really hoping that Zimbra support would step up as this is a really serious issue. I will be contacting Yahoo Corporate tomorrow morning. This program has corrupted my online mail from which I run a business. And while I cant expect them to fix their own IMAP issues -- at least get us a fix to get our mail back up to Yahoo.

Thumbs down Bailout plan required for disappearing mail synrome

Quote Originally Posted by bpc View Post
    No ezu - it is not yet fixed. I was really hoping that Zimbra support would step up as this is a really serious issue. I will be contacting Yahoo Corporate tomorrow morning. This program has corrupted my online mail from which I run a business. And while I cant expect them to fix their own IMAP issues -- at least get us a fix to get our mail back up to Yahoo.
    I do not see any progress on this bug in bugzilla after 15th Sep (I cannot see further details as they are hidden) and the severity is also mentioned as "Normal". Personally, I feel that this is a very serious bug and the product should not have been released with this kind of bug. If at all, it should have been mentioned whenever any mail is moved from one folder to another in Zimbra as a known issue as a BIG precaution that the moved mails may not be available in yahoo web server after the move. (This is similar to other programs e.g. Excel 2007 issuing a warning when something is saved in it which will not work in Excel 2003.) This case is even worse as it is not case of not working but a major "BLOCKER" bug as per me.

I am waiting for the bailout plan (to move my mails back from my local folder to yahoo web server) from Zimbra staff now that my mails have disappeared from my yahoo web server (similar to banks having disappeared from the USA). (and I am a paid customer and Zimbra is a Yahoo company although it may have independent functioning).

Default Mails moved in Zimbra desktop to folders do not appear in Yahoo web mail

Hi bpc,

Did you have any luck in getting this problem solved or get any more help from Yahoo Corporate.

I really wish that I had not tried this product now.

Default No Joy from Sunnyvale

Hey Ezu

I did call Yahoo and spoke to someone in their Yahoo Mail Plus support team. Their response was that Yahoo Mail and Zimbra are two separate products and they are not going to log (or try and resolve) any Zimbra issues.

Ridiculously I was pointed to their "Active User Forums" where the agent was "very confident" that my problem was going to be addressed and resolved. As it has been four months with no resolution (or acknowledgment from Zimbra this was a problem) I have ditched the program. I spent a number of hours manually reconciling my two accounts and then forwarded my "lost" Zimbra mails back to myself and reconstructed the account.

It has to be said that I have had a dismal experience with the program. After spending 10 hours rebuilding my mailbox I am am skittish to reinstall even a 'fixed' version.

Default Mails moved in Zimbra desktop to folders do not appear in Yahoo web mail

Hey Ezu

I did call Yahoo and spoke to someone in their Yahoo Mail Plus support team. Their response was that Yahoo Mail and Zimbra are two separate products and they are not going to log (or try and resolve) any Zimbra issues.

Ridiculously I was pointed to their "Active User Forums" where the agent was "very confident" that my problem was going to be addressed and resolved. As it has been four months with no resolution (or acknowledgment from Zimbra this was a problem) I have ditched the program. I spent a number of hours manually reconciling my two accounts and then forwarded my "lost" Zimbra mails back to myself and reconstructed the account.

It has to be said that I have had a dismal experience with the program. After spending 10 hours rebuilding my mailbox I am am skittish to reinstall even a 'fixed' version.
    Hi bpc,

Thanks for sharing your experience.

I have not yet ditched the program totally but definitely stopped using it. I have moved all my Zimbra mails from my desktop to my laptop (which I use rarely) by moving the five data folders.) I have to use the laptop whenever I need to access any mail which is "lost" from yahoo mail server. I am in constant touch with Zimbra team on this Bug 31450 and do hope that it will be resolved sooner or later. I will be happy if it is sooner rather than later as it is now already few months this problem has surfaced.

However, if it does not get resolved in next one month or so, I was planning to do same as what you have done. Forward ALL my lost mails to myself from laptop (currently, I still forward but on need basis) and once they are available in Yahoo web mail, stop using the program until beta is completed AND also get independent confirmation that the issue is resolved. I will leave few mails which are not "too" critical on my laptop without forwarding them to my yahoo web mail and also confirm the issue resolution myself on my laptop before starting to use the program again in a mainstream way. I really liked the program (rather the concept of offline mail for web mail) but it was unfortunate that it had to be discontinued.
    Last edited by ezu; 12-19-2008 at 12:07 AM.