Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Leave Copy on Server

Default Leave Copy on Server

Hi,

I am unable to find this feature called " Leave Copy on Server"
    as we are use to setup for limit days like 10 or 20 days to leave a copy on server after that client can automatically delete older emails from server.

in this zimbra desktop version there are only no specified days box found.

infect if we have 2 mail server with same e-mail address like xyz@abc.com for mx1 and xyz@abc.com for mx2 .
    there also generate zimbra desktop generate error it will not accept same e-mail address profile .

Please check ########

zdesktop_0_90_build_1278_win32.exe

any suggestion . !!!

thanks,
    Yukari !!!
    Yukari !!!!
    +91 982 503 9118
    -----------------------------
    Release 6.0.2_GA_1912.RHEL5_64_20091020161509RHEL5_64 FOSS edition.

"Leave Copy on Server" is customarily a knob on a POP mail client's advanced settings. It doesn't sound like that's where you're looking.
    Jay R. Ashworth - ZCS 6.0.9CE/CentOS5 - St Pete FL US - Music - Blog - Photography - IANAL - IAAMA
    Try to Ask Questions The Smart Way -- you'll get better answers.

Put your product and version in your profile/signature - All opinions strictly my own, even though I have an employer these days.
    If you [SOLVE] something, please tell everyone how for the archives
    And, please... read what people write, and answer the questions they asked, not the ones they didn't.

currently pop only supports two modes, either delete everytime after fetch, or leave everything on server.

please file an RFE for the number of days option.

Quote Originally Posted by jjzhuang View Post
    currently pop only supports two modes, either delete everytime after fetch, or leave everything on server.

please file an RFE for the number of days option.
    I might be mistaken, but to the best of my knowledge and belief, "Leave Mail On Server" is, as I noted above, a *client-side* option: since POP clients delete messages individually, while it is usually the case that they'll delete all or nothing, it has nothing to do with Z: the *client* would be the place the OP would have to RFE.

No?
    Jay R. Ashworth - ZCS 6.0.9CE/CentOS5 - St Pete FL US - Music - Blog - Photography - IANAL - IAAMA

Put your product and version in your profile/signature - All opinions strictly my own, even though I have an employer these days.
    And, please... read what people write, and answer the questions they asked, not the ones they didn't.

You are correct that this is client behavior. That why I said to open an RFE.

I see no indication on the original email that the OP was looking for a knob on *Zimbra*; I assumed he was looking to do it with a generic POP client talking to a Zimbra server.

On second inspection, I *still* see no indication that he's talking about ZWC. Do you? :-)

Default suppressing email Zimbra/yahoo

Not a problem to let a message in the server for me.It works fine
    However when I delete a message in Zimbra yahoo mailbox ,it doesn't suppress it in my regular yahoo account
    What is the procedure?
    Philippe

Aha! (It's a Spenser thing)

You're *using ZWC to read Yahoo Mail by POP3*, and when you delete in ZWC, it doesn't immediately delete the message as seen by Yahoo.

Is *that* the complete description of the problem you're trying to solve, then?

If so, then jjzhuang caught on more quickly than me. :-) But, if the problem really is "doesn't delete immediately", then "keep for 30 days" isn't in play... yet.

Confirm?

Cool

You are correct Baylink

I use ZWC to read yahoo Mail by POP3

Is there any other procedure?

Well, unless you are also USCELL, it wasn't your problem I was trying to address. :-)

I think it's actually possible to use IMAP to get to some yahoomail accounts -- even the free ones -- based on things I've read, but I'm not 100% sure on that.

Yes, if you're using ZWC as a POP client and you need "leave mail on server, but only for 30 days", then you need to RFE the webclient.

But jj wasn't *talking* to you, he was talking to the OP, for whom it's still not clear that's the proper answer... at least to me. :-)