Thread: Setting IMAP Sent folder

Default Setting IMAP Sent folder

Hi,

With IMAP when I send email, a copy goes to Zdesktop's "Sent" folder. Is there any ways to change the setting so it goes to my IMAP's Sent box instead?

Thanks.

zimbraPrefSentMailFolder was depreciated for 5.0.x on identities (ie what you would consider to be preferences > accounts > personas & external accounts today) in Bug 17320 - Next rev of (mail) identities preferences management (server side) It can still be set on the primary account/cos, but it's not easily exposed. to the end-user.

You want to vote for something like Bug 29907 - User specified names for Sent, Trash and Draft folders > Bug 25875 - allow user migration or remapping of reserved folders on ZWC

<attr id="103" name="zimbraPrefSentMailFolder" type="string" max="256" cardinality="single" optionalIn="account,cos,identity" flags="accountInherited,domainAdminModifiable">
    <defaultCOSValue>sent</defaultCOSValue>
    <desc>
    name of folder to save sent mail in (deprecatedSince 5.0 in identity)
    </desc>
    </attr>
    Last edited by mmorse; 09-13-2008 at 12:48 PM. Reason: clairification

thanks Mike - voted

BTW if you refresh I clarified that we still use zimbraPrefSentMailFolder on account/cos, we just removed in the options > identities (what you would consider to be preferences > accounts > personas & external accounts today) Just not very easy to adjust in Zimbra Desktop. It's not an actual remapping, /Sent still exists & is immunable (can't delete) the ability to remapp of folders is the RFE.

so - does that mean if I manually adjust the settings (XML?) file, I can have the "sent" auto-save folder to be the one in my imap box?

if so:
    - which file should I edit?
    - whats the format of the setting? (something like <defaultCOSValue>Inbox/Sent</defaultCOSValue> ??)

Sorry I dont really understand the terms cos and remapping.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by godpa View Post
    Hi,

With IMAP when I send email, a copy goes to Zdesktop's "Sent" folder. Is there any ways to change the setting so it goes to my IMAP's Sent box instead?

Thanks.
    What imap server are you using? If your server Sent folder is called "Sent", you should be able to turn on sync of the Sent folder and push the messages up in that folder.