Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Beta 5 build 1418 released!

Default Beta 5 build 1418 released!

So much awesome new stuff - I can't even fit all in the title: Zimbra Desktop Beta 5 + Sharing, Fisheye, Yahoo! (& Google) Cal Sync » Zimbra :: Blog

Default It's what I've been waiting for but...

Ok, I recently discovered zdesktop beta 4 dl'd it & became an instant fan. Was even more stoked today while launching my update, couldn't believe the sync was finally here (NEW Yahoo Cal to zdesktop)... dl'd ready to go only, no sync? It keeps telling me I need to "switch" to the new Yahoo Cal, which I did a mo. ago. Is this on Yahoo's end? Lemme know what I need to do to correct and get my New Yahoo Cal synced to this WONDERFUL PRODUCT! Thanks, I appreciate it!

Dl'd NEW Zimbra Desktop Beta 5 (build 1418)
    Running Mac OS Tiger 10.4.11 on Intel MacBook
    Use Yahoo Webmail/Calendar for work (sync successful w/ AB Contacts)
    Last edited by ilovemymac; 12-05-2008 at 09:37 PM.

Welcome to the forums,

That sounds like Bug 33755 - can not sync yahoo calendar if calendar is not upgraded at account creation which should have made it in - let me check a few things as Y! is doing some network maintenance as well. (I wouldn't go so far as to do the workaround/recreate the account to get it, as you'll loose anything local & not backed up. If it's an issue on our end we'll push an update for ZD.)

If you can enable debug trace/logging first, then attempt caldav sync & provide any useful log snips here or in bugzilla we'd be grateful.

Default Latest...

Ooo... sorry for not checkin' the bugs first, I should've done that, am totally new to forums. Was able to "enable" debug logging > Account Setup > Zimbra Desktop. Validated/Saved "debug logging" twice, then clicked on Cal sync... check this out:

Enabled Y! Cal sync after debug, went back to main Zdesktop page. Double checked, supposedly it synced. However, while returning to zdesktop under Calendar Tab, nothing's there but the stock Zcal. Tried refreshing - none of my Y! Cals.

BTW, a gracious thanks for replying so quickly to me - ZIMBRA ROCKS!
    Be the change you want to see in the world... go MAC!

We are actively investigating Bug 33763 – yahoo caldav sync doesn't work for some accounts which most likely is affecting your account.

Was your account synced using a previous verison and then upgraded to beta5? Then you turned "Sync All Calendar" on? If so, could you see if there's a mail folder named after your name? I've seen this issue with some accounts and we are trying to find out why it doesn't work for these accounts. If everything I said matches what you are seeing, sometimes deleting and recreating the yahoo account in Desktop will help.

Talking Success!

Quote Originally Posted by jjzhuang View Post
    We are actively investigating Bug 33763 – yahoo caldav sync doesn't work for some accounts which most likely is affecting your account.

Was your account synced using a previous verison and then upgraded to beta5? Then you turned "Sync All Calendar" on? If so, could you see if there's a mail folder named after your name? I've seen this issue with some accounts and we are trying to find out why it doesn't work for these accounts. If everything I said matches what you are seeing, sometimes deleting and recreating the yahoo account in Desktop will help.
    It's up & running for all of the Y! Cals except one, which is really no biggie; if it shows it shows. My Y! webmail acct. was only synced to Zdesktop for mail/AB not the Cal, was waiting for this release... here's what happened after reading mmorse's reply: Made sure "debug logging" was enabled > Validated/Saved TWICE > Enabled sync to Y! Cal > BAM! Success.

Sorry I couldn't help you more w/ the accts. thing, upon my first dl of Zdesktop Beta 4 I never had any problems w/ syncing Y! but did have issues w/ AIM until I chose IMAP instead of "AOL Account", was getting errors.

Again, gracious appreciation for the quick response to this issue... was just going to post a request - more saturation for the colors: tags, Cal, etc.? I read a request for more "choices" the other day... was so used to GCal Redesigned by Globex Designs!
    Be the change you want to see in the world... go MAC!

Good one guys! So far it looks great, even ready for some of our staff to trial.

One thing I have noticed straight away is the 'check all' tick box to select all email in a folder doesn't work. [shift] selecting the email works though.

Do you want me to raise a bug for this?

Regards,
    Sean.

Hey guys,

I keep trying to add the new Y! Calender Beta to my account, but when I go to the Switch site and click Get Started, it tells me:
    The new Yahoo! Calendar Beta doesn't work in your language yet. The team is working around the clock to translate everything in your language.
    Considering I live 5 minutes from the Yahoo! HQ in Sunnyvale, I find this very odd. I thought it might be machine specific, so I tried it on both OSX 10.5.5 and Vista Business -- I'm getting nowhere fast.

Any help? I can't stand GMail, and I'm still stuck in Outlook for my calendar because the old Y! one is a bit tedious.

Thanks!
    -jason