Thread: Color

Thumbs up Color

BAM! Zdesktop beta 5 is awesomely fantastic... a request though:

Coming from Gcal to the NEW Y! Cal, I missed Stylish as well as "Google Redesigned" by Globex Designs. Not because I think "dark" is snazzy, I got used to the saturation of the color(s) [thus, using the add-on for FF3, because GCal's colors were too muted]. I know there's another request for "more" variations, but how about deeper colors?

And/or if there's a way for me to add the hex# I'll totally do it! [HTML/CSS intermediate novice, ha] Thanks much.
    Be the change you want to see in the world... go MAC!

You can change colors. Right click on a calendar folder in the left pane and select Properties.

Thumbs up Gotcha.

On target w/ properties... just the colors on screen look so "pastel." I'm used to bolder colors I guess?

I think I missed your point. Could you show me two screenshots of the difference that your are referring to?

Thumbs up RE: Color

I should've been more clear, sorry 'bout that! The .png of Zdesktop Y! Cal (as well as Y! Cal on the web) show this:

While nice, it's too muted/pastel to me... Here's the .png of Gcal Redesigned's bolder colors: Whatta upgrade from stock Gcal, right?

To me the bold[er] colors are easier to differentiate multiple cals (ie: I have 10) even minus the dark background or if there were some code to allow the user to "choose" like Mac's iCal. Just a suggestion, hope the screenshots help. Thanks again!

I see what you are saying now. Could you please file a request for enhancement ticket and attach the screenshots? Basically you want a color picker.

Question Yes!

Quote Originally Posted by jjzhuang View Post
    I see what you are saying now. Could you please file a request for enhancement ticket and attach the screenshots? Basically you want a color picker.
    Ok again, new to forums & the brainiac has no idea how to do that. Simplified, yes please, a color picker. Are the tickets/requests in Bugzilla?

BTW if Zimbra gets any freaking cooler, I dunno what I'm gonna do. I love the mail client & am glad to have switched from Tbird. I know I don't have Leopard [yet] but um, I like it way better than iCal/apple mail. Kudos from the peanut gallery.

Thanks for the kind words! Please remember that this is still very much beta software and right and we are only now reaching feature complete. The next stage is to improve stability so will need help from our users as always.

Thumbs up Awesome

Sweet DEAL! Thought I'd have to go through BugZilla... signed up & am going to vote for that as soon as I get the confirmation email!

I really am pretty stoked about the whole Zimbra product and have made mention about it to my clients as well as my employees who frequently get horrible-bad frustrated w/ OL. As a user of Tbird for a couple yrs. I'll have to say I really appreciate just how user friendly Zdesktop is. Can't wait to see where this wonderful project goes!

Thanks mmorse for the bug & jjzhuang for the quick replies... You [+Zimbra] ROCK!