Thread: Trojan Deteceted Zimbra Desktop

Default Trojan Deteceted Zimbra Desktop

Using Zone Alarm Internet Security Suite (Kaspersky Anti-Virus) and detected the following:

Trojan-Spy.HTML.Fraud.gen was found in C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Application Data\Zimbra\zdesktop\store\0\2\msg\1\4803-5192.msg on 12/31/2008 0:38:56

Is this true or a "false positive"?

(Please excuse my spelling of "detected")!

Welcome to the forums

It would depend on what is within the email 4803-5192.msg

not quite sure how to locate the identified message. This happened a few months ago when I first installed Zimbra Desktop. Kept being flagged with the Trojan, so I uninstalled Zimbra. Problem went away. However, I like the software, so I reinstalled it. Every scan results in a quarantine once again. Is there anyone else with this problem? Is it just Zone Alarm? Is it just my computer? Thanks for any and all replies.

Quote Originally Posted by Troy Ronson View Post
    not quite sure how to locate the identified message. This happened a few months ago when I first installed Zimbra Desktop. Kept being flagged with the Trojan, so I uninstalled Zimbra. Problem went away. However, I like the software, so I reinstalled it. Every scan results in a quarantine once again. Is there anyone else with this problem? Is it just Zone Alarm? Is it just my computer? Thanks for any and all replies.
    I have never run into this problem as of this post. I use Norton Internet Security Suite, and I don't ever get a problem even with Zimbra installed. I will let you know if anything would pop up.

Quote Originally Posted by Troy Ronson View Post
    Using Zone Alarm Internet Security Suite (Kaspersky Anti-Virus) and detected the following:

Trojan-Spy.HTML.Fraud.gen was found in C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Application Data\Zimbra\zdesktop\store\0\2\msg\1\4803-5192.msg on 12/31/2008 0:38:56

Is this true or a "false positive"?

(Please excuse my spelling of "detected")!
    It means this message contains a virus. It's not a software issue, but rather a message in your mailbox. You can simply let Zone Alarm delete it.