Thread: Email indicators Show Phantom Offline Status

Question Email indicators Show Phantom Offline Status

I am having an issue with Gmail constantly showing up as "offline." It will still send and receive email, but the icon shows that it is offline. Also, my Yahoo! mail indicator will go offline sometimes even though it still sends and receives mail. Hotmail does the same thing. Sometimes, especially on the Yahoo! account, it will show a message that says that the password may have changed, and to re-validate the settings in the setup menu. What's going on here?

The "password may have changed" issue is likely related to this Bug 34014 – yahoo address book '999 null' error response

Please wait for the next cut. As for the issue of some services going offline, how often does that happen?

This happens constantly. Gmail never shows up as online, even though I do get messages from it. Hotmail does so about once or twice a day.

Could you file a bug and attach a fresh copy of <install>/log/zdesktop.log file to the bug? You can mark the bug as "private" if you don't want to make the log file public.

I created a bug file on Bugzilla, but I can't post the zdesktop.log file because Bugzilla says that it is too large to post. It is about 13.5MB in size, and I can't figure out how to get it small enough to post. I have posted log files before and that has never happened. Please let me know what to do so I can post it to the bug.

Bug 34422
    Last edited by mrsone; 01-11-2009 at 09:37 PM. Reason: Added Bug Number

You can either zip it, or if it's still too big just take the last round of sync. Mark the current time. Then force sync of all the accounts you have problems with. Then copy only the new log lines from the time you marked.