Thread: Zimbra Reports Error on Validating IMAP details...

Hybrid View

Default Zimbra Reports Error on Validating IMAP details...

Hi guys

Trying to setup an IMAP email on Zimbra Desktop MAC. I have already tried setting up the email in both Microsoft entourage and Mac Mail and work perfectly fine, however when tried in Zimbra i get the following:

IMAP server is : bacon.comcen.com.au (incoming and outgoing)

service.FAILURE: system failure: Unable to connect to IMAP server: DataSource: { id=56114ea9-805d-4650-adc9-7a4485efcb45, type=imap, isEnabled=true, name=xxxxxx, host=bacon.comcen.com.au, port=143, connectionType=cleartext, username=xxxxxxxxx, folderId=1 }

i manually changed the "name" and "username" fields to xxxx values otherwise in setup they are set correctly.

Why doesn't Zimbra accept these details when Entourage and Mac Mail have no problems at all.

I'm runnig leopard 10.5.6. anyone can suggest a fix?

Thank you

Default I have the exact same problem

I have the error
    HTML Code:
    service.FAILURE: system failure: Unable to connect to IMAP server: DataSource: { id=f531c897-d66d-4673-a9a1-176fcb79d80f, type=imap, isEnabled=true, name=PTW, host=imap.gmail.com, port=995, connectionType=ssl, username=me@mydomain.com, folderId=1 }
    This happen because a previous attempt to connect to an unsecured server failed and now I cannot connect to any new account.

This is an installation running on OSX. How do I clean this cache? I tried to do a clean install but the cache is still there.
    How do I do a complete removal of Zimbra? The Wiki removal doesn't get rid of all the files because after I did it my old accounts shown automatically when I did the fresh installation.

"Unable to connect to IMAP server" means hostort are reachable, not related to your credentials.

Try to first telnet to your host/port to make sure it's reachable.